Aesthetic foundation degree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
So I'm hoping to begin this new degree in September, it's a level 5 equivalent over 3 year part time. It's something I've wanted to do for sometime but the only other provider of level 4/5 is the Sally Durant academy which is nowhere near me.

It seems to include a lot such as
•Ethics and Health and Safety for Cosmetic Aesthetics
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Dermatology and Microbiology
• Laser Treatments for Tattoo removal,
• Laser and IPL for Hair removal
• Laser for Skin rejuvenation
• Chemical Peels
• Micro-needling
• Sales Management
• Leadership and Management

Has anyone else looked at a similar degree?

Why are you doing it? Whereabouts are you based? Do you need all of it or can you break it down?

A lot depends on why you're doing it. If you actually HAVE to do it for your business/workplace, do you have to do it all? I personally wouldn't be interested in leaderships and management for example but would be more interested in the treatment based modules.

Sally Durant is highly recommended by many colleagues and I think most of it is via internet and digital learning, but the course content is very good. I've signed up for two courses with her because she was so highly recommended, but I've carefully selected the elements I want to do.

Vic x

Yes I need to do this for my business/career for the long term and with new regulations coming up and the chance to work alongside a dermatologist at a clinic. The leadership and management is for clinical/private hospital settings not beauty and my insurance requires in classroom training not online hence I looked at Sally Durant but found it to be level 4 and mostly online. I only offer skin treatments nothing else now so this course is definitely beneficial for myself for my future goals in what I'm wanting to achieve.
I did look at going to uni to do a nursing degree and then continue into the aesthetics field but I have no interest in nursing and do feel it's a waste of a placement for those who do really want to work within the nhs, hence I came across this new degree aimed at cosmetic aesthetics. I've filled in my application so now I'm just waiting for my interview X

Very best of luck. If I was ten years younger I'd definitely consider it x

So I'm hoping to begin this new degree in September, it's a level 5 equivalent over 3 year part time. It's something I've wanted to do for sometime but the only other provider of level 4/5 is the Sally Durant academy which is nowhere near me.

It seems to include a lot such as
•Ethics and Health and Safety for Cosmetic Aesthetics
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Dermatology and Microbiology
• Laser Treatments for Tattoo removal,
• Laser and IPL for Hair removal
• Laser for Skin rejuvenation
• Chemical Peels
• Micro-needling
• Sales Management
• Leadership and Management

Has anyone else looked at a similar degree?

Hi, where is this course?

So...Beautyexperts, did you start the course in September? I'm just about to go for an interview on Wednesday and eould love to know how you got on :)

So...Beautyexperts, did you start the course in September? I'm just about to go for an interview on Wednesday and eould love to know how you got on :)

Hi! Yes I did it's been good, in the second semester now with a great bunch of ladies. The course content is great, the tutors very experienced.
I won't lie it's been hard work - a wake up call! Glad I'm doing it though X

Last edited:

Good luck with your interview. I’m on the course as well and loving it!

Hi! Yes I did it's been good, in the second semester now with a great bunch of ladies. The course content is great, the tutors very experienced.
I won't lie it's been hard work - a wake up call! Glad I'm doing it though X

Who runs this course in Harrogate . I can't find any information about it.

Who runs this course in Harrogate . I can't find any information about it.

Just so you know, this thread was created 3 years ago, with the quoted poster having been absent for quite some time.

Latest posts

Back