Air bubbles under nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
Hello, I did a set of gel nails today and whilst I applied the tips, I noticed that a couple of them had air bubbles underneath. They still felt quite strong once I had finished her nails. Will the nails still be able to stay on for around 2 weeks?

Really depends on the person. Some people are just more oily and the tips may not stay for as long as you want.

Also try very thin coat. Might help with the bubbles.

Are there air bubbles under the tips you have applied? If so has the tips either haven't been applied properly and adhesive needed to be popped down where the air bubbles were or if the client has ridged nails then a gel type adhesive can be used to fill in gaps on ridged nails. Tips are only there to provide length not strength, the overlay is the strength. Hope that helps [emoji4]

I wouldn't worry about it strength-wise as long as the enhancement is properly structured, the tip offers no strength at just a platform to build on.. What I would worry about is water getting trapped underneath and the client coming back with a lovely green bacterial infection... It's the same as lifting you just can't apply new product on top without removing it first, it will be a breeding ground for bacteria.. On a rare occasion I use tips and an even rarer occasion I get an air bubble it always goes away once I've properly blended the tip flush to the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back