Allergic reaction to Tantrick spray - does this mean I will be allergic to others?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Had a professional spray tan today - Tantrick and had a quite bad allergic reaction! Now I have used the self tanning creams and been fine so didn't have any reason to think I'd be allergic and quite gutted as I wanted to train with Tantrick but wondering if this could possibly mean I will be allergic to others and thats that as far as my spray tanning career goes!

Was it a skin reaction or an inhalation reaction?

my aunt had had lots of tantrick spray tans and has been fine with them for ages, last summer she had one as normal and she too suffered a reaction (skin) she left it a few weeks and had another one and the same thing happened. I have since used a diff solution on her and she has been fine

I think you should try a few and see how you get one hun, just because you react to one, it does not mean you will react to all :)

I would strongly recommend that you ALWAYS have a patch test for any future tans, no matter which solutions you use. You maybe sensitive to the active ingredient which is in all tanning solutions -DHA - and if so you shouldn't have any DHA products on your skin. It maybe that you have been building up sensitivity with your other skin tanning applications you have had in the past.. and then get a full allergic reaction with the tan you had today.

The next time the reaction might be much worse.. so please remember to patch test first.

:) hi was just reading about reactions to tantrick on some people, i have just started doing spray tanning with this product would i only offer a test patch if they say they have a allergy,s

:) hi was just reading about reactions to tantrick on some people, i have just started doing spray tanning with this product would i only offer a test patch if they say they have a allergy,s

no I would patch test everyone, the first time they have the tan atlest anyway!

Had a professional spray tan today - Tantrick and had a quite bad allergic reaction! Now I have used the self tanning creams and been fine so didn't have any reason to think I'd be allergic and quite gutted as I wanted to train with Tantrick but wondering if this could possibly mean I will be allergic to others and thats that as far as my spray tanning career goes!

In our salon we use Celebrity Secrets solution which is made of natural ingredients and you shouldn't have an allergic reaction to it.

It's a bit far for you to come to Cardiff (though we would love to see you), but if you can find a salon in your area it may be ok for you. If you do and it's ok for you I'd appreciate a pm as I'd be interested in the result.

Regards

Mike

Vani-T are another all natural product but as has already been said, if its a skin reaction then the answer would be to get a few different patch tests and see what happens, what a bummer though:cry:
Just a thought hun, coz I read your blogs:lol: are you on any sort of hormone treatment? if yes then I would check with your doc as to side affects.
Apart from that I'm fresh out of idea's:hug:

I have only done two patch tests in the four years of my spray tanning. I would ALWAYS offer a patch test if a client had had ANY king of reaction to a previous tanning product, be it a cream or any spray tan liquid.

It would be un-realistic to insist that all my tanning clients had a patch test to be honest.

:) hi thanks for the advice ,when i fill in the clients profile will know if they if they have any allergies then will offer the patch test.:lol:​

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Tantrick was made from "natural ingredients"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Tantrick was made from "natural ingredients"?

YOu are not wrong... but in ALL tanning products, no matter which company makes them... one of the active ingredients which is a natural product that causes the skin to change colour is derived from sugar beet and its called DHA (dihydroxyacetone).... this is what some people can have an allergic reaction to. Saying that it is very rare.. but if you were sensitive to it.. you wouldn't want to come into contact with it full on again as the reaction could be much worse.

Hi

Sienna X offer a sugar based product and training for spray tanning
I would recommend a skin patch test also is there a hormonial monthly time that may effect the tan?

I wish you every success and hope your skin calms down soon
Kind regards

Elaine

i am at a bit of a loss here..as I understand it you have been using the Essence of Summer pump spray for some time now without any problem whatsoever...I also understand that the salon spray you had was also Essence of Summer...both liquids are the same and from the same batch code....so I realy find it hard to beleive it's the liquid..as youve already been using it.
So something has canged...are you on any medication of late??...or could it be an inhalationproblem..was there sufficient extraction???
I know spraytan smells for you are something of a problem which is why we tried you on EOS..which initially seemed to have worked?

I am thinking it must have been more inhalation realted Collin, must of been.

I am thinking it must have been more inhalation realted Collin, must of been.
That problem can be solved hun with good extraction and nose filters hth

I have only done two patch tests in the four years of my spray tanning. I would ALWAYS offer a patch test if a client had had ANY king of reaction to a previous tanning product, be it a cream or any spray tan liquid.

It would be un-realistic to insist that all my tanning clients had a patch test to be honest.
I agree with you jen i only do patch tests on clients that have some sort of allergy or have had an allergic reaction to other tans. :hug:

Latest posts

Back