Am i able to use a normal UV nail lamp with shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
hi there guys, ive just recently opened a new salon (10 weeks ago) its going so well and ive picked up over 200 clients with repeat business. I am investing some cash into shellac as it seems 2 be the must have at the moment but can any1 tell me (that is currently using it) if i can use my normal gel UV lamp for them or do i need 2 fork out #99.95 for the lamp aswel?? Can you also tell me a rough price of what 2 charge for shellac?

Thanks guys xx

you need a brisa lamp (by cnd) or the shellac lamp. Its to do with the UV output from the lamp.

200 repeat clients in 10 weeks?! speechless....

yeah its really good and exciting 2 hear about peoples experiences in other salons, its shockin what some people let out of a salon and call it a treatment. Just glad i can make sum1s day xx

thanks for that info about the lamp i just didnt know if CND was trying 2 con more cash lol xx

are you in blairgowrie? its just it says blairgowire and im not sure if thats a different place from blairgowrie lol

anyway if you are in scotland - call fingertips centre - 01313333180

and ask them, if you are buying the kit too, i *think* we may have got discount on the lamp because we bought the kit - worth asking about it anyway.

Good luck in your venture :)

Your right , it IS the must have item at the moment , and you DO need to invest in the right light as said its more to do with the U.V out put than anything, you have 2 options, the CND brisa lamp or the new CND lamp , the new one is grate it has a digital count down timer on it an integrated fan and dose whole hand so no more separate cure for thumbs,it will tell you how much bulb hours/life are left and it also has 4 different times set into it , we wear hinted at that as 2 of the timings on the lamp are not needed for shellac or brisa gel they wear a sign of a new product in the making! .... How can afford NOT to get it?

i just didnt know if CND was trying 2 con more cash lol xx

I don't think they would ever try to do this hun! for the price of it and what it dose (and the money shellac will bring in ) I think its a bargin!

thats gr8 guys at least now i know i def need it, no1 in this area does it at all. Also gona offer the rockstar manicure and pedicure , have you seen this and do you think its affective? i did it on a client and she loved it! and blairgowrie is blairgowrie scotland, near perth haha x

My gran stays in Blair! Used to spend every summer there at her house!

Whats the rockstar manicure? x

yes def need. i had 4 X 9 5CURE UV LIGHT ALREADY and it didnt work , so shellac is outa the way anf i am still wainting for a re stock !!! end june now:( wish i had been told this when ordering shellac. i could have used the kit money to but somthing else i could make money on for now.... but allas its in the cupboard incase im tempted again to try the uv light that dosnt work lol xx:D

Over 200 clients with repeat business! That is amazing, well done you, you must feel really proud. :D
There is a group on here called Shellac Lovers it is great a has some photos of the rock star nails as well (I think) you will find lots of helpful hints & tips when using the Shellac. x
I am not sure on prices on Shellac in your area but there is a thread on Shellac prices on here too which might be helpful. I am in East London & charge £20 fingers or toes colour - £25 fingers or toes french (includes removal if needed)
Until the end of the month I am doing a special offer of £15.
Hope that helps x

I dont have the CND UV lamp and our Shellac has been fine. What is it that makes the CND one different out of interest so I can keep an eye out. But as I say we have had no problems without it. We are charging £24.00 for a Shellac Manicure and £28.50 for a Shellac Pedicure and we're in the South West. HTH x

I have the shellac polish for a few weeks now and have been using an ordinary UV Lamp i have had no problems and no complaints! I f you want to save yourself some money just make sure the wattage is the same as the CND Lamp and you'll be fine!!

lisa:lick:

Hi,

Hi you run the risk of all types of problems if you have the wrong lamp, its been discussed on here loads of times,heres one of the threads but theres even more if you search in the Shellac Lovers group etc.

Salon Geek - Help deciding about light:(

Hope this helps.

:D

I have the shellac polish for a few weeks now and have been using an ordinary UV Lamp i have had no problems and no complaints! I f you want to save yourself some money just make sure the wattage is the same as the CND Lamp and you'll be fine!!

lisa:lick:

Its not to do with wattage! Its about UV out put! (EG) My pet chameleon's would get metabolic bone disease and die if he did not have the right type of UV out put but to MY eyes his light is the same as the cheep ass fish tank light I could get at half the price .... , UV is something you cant be sure of Hun it is not something to just guess,I'm sorry but it is silly and naive to think that just because it seems to do the job that's it is ok?

How can you guarantee your treatment if you use the wrong things for the job knowingly?
What about in 8 mounts when you have clients with sensitivity's or allergy's from under cured product?
Or when you get service breakdown , you will prob be the first to complained on hear that the product is pants when it is really that you didn't have the full system,

As for saving money ....IM sorry but if your client is paying for high end products why cut corners?

My gran stays in Blair! Used to spend every summer there at her house!

Whats the rockstar manicure? x

haha no matter where i am or what i do sum1 from blair is here on knows where blair is.

the rockstar manicure seems to b a big thing in america. Its done using a small amount of gel and lots of glitter. type it in google
xx

So i grabbed my neighbour! i goy my 4 x 9 uv light, not CND..
it was crap i had to go over the shellac 3 times.. then when it wad dry i could peel it away from the moon total waste of prodduct!!! but then i knew it would be..... me for 1 am awaiting the light >>>>:D

Latest posts

Back