Animal testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey geeks :)

Bit of a strange thread, but it's something i feel quite strongly about.

Does anyone know which brands either test or don't test on animals or how to find out which ones do?

Not tested on animals will sell to clients wanting to be kind, and make no difference to the ones who don't care so should pull customers to u. Xoxo

I used to use this site, as a friend of mine don't touch anything that is tested on animals, so Xmas & birthdays etc... I used this to check 😄

Just checked that site, there's only a v small number of names I recognise so bad! Xoxo

Not tested on animals will sell to clients wanting to be kind, and make no difference to the ones who don't care so should pull customers to u. Xoxo

It's for me really, not my clients but as you say, it won't make any difference to the clients that dont care :)

If in a salon using all products approved by PETA it would be good to have the logo on a window or the door as advertisement, that or stamp all the staff's foreheads each day haha xoxo

If in a salon using all products approved by PETA it would be good to have the logo on a window or the door as advertisement, that or stamp all the staff's foreheads each day haha xoxo

Yeh, if i can garuntee Affinage is Cruelty Free, and certified for it, then i will get it put on my business cards.

I have just read somewhere that they are but i want to find out for definate!

Hi, Paul Mitchell aren't animal tested! They're signed with PETA they've been an ethically conscious brand from the start which is what they build their business foundation on! do a bit of research into them it makes very interesting reading :)

There is a book called 'The Vegan Shopper'. It has every single company which does NOT test on animals..
It's updated each year..It has all the information you need..

Hi, Paul Mitchell aren't animal tested! They're signed with PETA they've been an ethically conscious brand from the start which is what they build their business foundation on! do a bit of research into them it makes very interesting reading :)

Thanks, I've seen that Paul mitchell are PETA certified but it's the only brand I can find that I recognise apart from goldwell USA

There is a book called 'The Vegan Shopper'. It has every single company which does NOT test on animals..
It's updated each year..It has all the information you need..

Woop! Just been confirmed that affinage do not test any products on animals :)

Yay!! I might update my website with this info, if you don't mind x

Yay!! I might update my website with this info, if you don't mind x

Of course not lol I'm not sure whether they're PETA certified though x

May I ask is this a direct from suppliers product? When I qualify, I intend to use cruelty free products - I've never seen Affinage in Capital, Salon Supplies or Sallys....

I can't believe there are so few suppliers who have cruelty free hair products.

May I ask is this a direct from suppliers product? When I qualify, I intend to use cruelty free products - I've never seen Affinage in Capital, Salon Supplies or Sallys....

I can't believe there are so few suppliers who have cruelty free hair products.

Mainly independent distributors sell affinage... Www.affinage.com/uk and search your nearest distributor :)

A lot of my clients care, but I want to know because I care very much.
I cannot use, or condone anyone else using, animal tested products.

It's for me really, not my clients but as you say, it won't make any difference to the clients that dont care :)

Latest posts

Back