Another newbie needs advice!~

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosemaepink

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, but haven't posted, as up till now I have found all the help and advice I've needed! I am doing C&G Manicure, just starting out! I was wondering what you need to do if you injure your client in some way. Say you make their finger bleed? What would you do/say to the client? What are your legal obligations?
If any one can help, I would be very greatful!
Many Thanks
Eve

rosemaepink said:
Hi all, I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, but haven't posted, as up till now I have found all the help and advice I've needed! I am doing C&G Manicure, just starting out! I was wondering what you need to do if you injure your client in some way. Say you make their finger bleed? What would you do/say to the client? What are your legal obligations?
If any one can help, I would be very greatful!
Many Thanks
Eve

hi matey this will all be covered in your college health and safety, do you have a manual? when i did my nvq level 2 it told us all about the proceedures.

Accident book, etc etc, put on surgical gloves if there is blood, follow the correct proceeduers when disposing of waste (coshh)

hth

Amb x

forgot to say

:hug: welcome the site hun:hug:

Hiya,

It depends on what you class as 'injure'. I have, once or twice made a clients' finger bleed slightly at the cuticle when using a new file. I've just made sure I clean it, that it doesn't keep bleeding, doesn't hurt and ensure the client is ok. I've disposed of the file aftwerwards and apologised and that's about it.

If I was to actually injure a client, spilt monomer on them, if they tripped over something etc, then I would record this in the accident book, see what action, if any the client wanted to take to follow it up and follow any first aid or other H&S procedures as required (which, as mentioned, you should cover in your course).

for a minor nick i apologise, swab with scrubfresh(ouch) and apply a little glue with a cottonbud,put on glove(myself). throw away files after finishing. if your using new files always blunt them a bit against each other first and go easy if tips are applied when shaping the sides, as a small amount of glue can be stuck to their skin.

welcome to the site rosemaepink x

Thanks everyone!
I was just wondering what you do, but I guess it depends on the injury, and the client involved!
Just have to hope I never make anyone bleed!
Thanks again.
Eve

have you got insurance?

everyone should have it - just to cover yourself for EVERY eventuality

Can you get insurance whilst as a student? I was under the impression that you couldn't???:eek:

Latest posts

Back