another use for solar oil!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have done with knowing this last week. Got munched at in Cyprus and the itching was driving me nuts! And I had my solar oil with me - didn't even occur to me to try it - I'll know next time.

With all the suggestions for baby uses, can I get a vat ordered for November? Or if I write to Creative will they do a Pampers and send me free samples? Ha ha. Am using Rosehip seed oil at the mo - but what's solar oil like for preventing stretchmarks?

linzi said:
My mum was outside last night and gotten bitten by midges. She's a terrible sufferer of their bites and the lumps she comes up in are massive. Anyway, I applied some solar oil and within 20 minutes you would hardly have known that she'd been bitten.

Another good incentive for your scottish clients to buy the oil?!

I get bitten to death and I never tried this - thanks Linzi ;) - I'll tell you what else works a treat - Finishing Lotion from SpaManicure - keeps away the bugs brilliantly!!! I took it to China but there were no bugs (well there were ones to eat but not ones that were biting me :Scared: )!!

Bryony said:
but what's solar oil like for preventing stretchmarks?

OMG B - it's awesome for that - I used the 5oz refill for both Haydn and Dexter and I have 2 iddy biddy ones which you can't see when I wear lingerie (underwear) which is the majority of the time!!! :eek:

Well i make my own "solar oil" it has the same ingredients but without the marzipan smell (i hate marzipan) - not that im saying solar oil is bad - i just cant stand the smell - and my own blend also has loads of benefits - but wont go into publicably as dont want to seem like im trashing "solar oil" cos im NOT - maybe creative could come out with a odourless version of solar oil - i love the feel of it but hate the smell - probs im 1 in a 100 but there you go

Solar Oil is also fab for shaving. To look at me you wouldn't believe I'm 74...lol. Such brilliant moisturising and conditioning properties.

David

Jaydee said:
Solar Oil is also fab for shaving. To look at me you wouldn't believe I'm 74...lol. Such brilliant moisturising and conditioning properties.

David

You just make me laugh all the time! actually I tried solar oil when I did brain surgery last week - it worked brilliantly, shame about the surgery! Sorry I am in a VERY flippant mood - ignore me!

I put it on my lips - really softens them and tastes quite yummy too :D

Mrs Geek said:
Finishing Lotion from SpaManicure - keeps away the bugs brilliantly!!! I took it to China but there were no bugs (well there were ones to eat but not ones that were biting me :Scared: )!!

I'll keep that in mind about the finishing lotion.

Yuck, I take it you didn't try any bugs! Remember over here they used to sell them in sweets and vodka and stuff. Actually, I wonder if they still do. :Scared:

I rub it through my hair when I've just dried it. It takes the fluffiness away. xx

I have found another use for it, talking about hair Kimmi.............
Hot Oil treatment.......... but use it differently lol..........a Saturday night girlie thingy for me xx
warm the solar oil...I warm it in a little cup standing in a bowl of hot water...... then apply to dry hair, and leave it on until ya done all your other beauty stuff..... then apply shampoo massage that in and then rinse it out.......... then just let your hair naturally dry..........
It is fab xxxx

I'm gonna try that. Thanks Ruthie. xxx

I have been following Geeg's advice from an earlier thread and using a couple of drops as a facial moisturiser. Started this 2 weeks ago and getting great results. Also put some on my sunburnt shoulders last sunday befor i went to bed and no soreness by morning - no peeling yet either
sure is a super oil

nik said:
I have been following Geeg's advice from an earlier thread and using a couple of drops as a facial moisturiser. Started this 2 weeks ago and getting great results. Also put some on my sunburnt shoulders last sunday befor i went to bed and no soreness by morning - no peeling yet either
sure is a super oil

Would it not cause spots for combination skin??? and do you just apply it to the face?

Solar Balm is also brilliant for coldsores. Also my daughter had a sore of some sort on her lip, looked like she had bitten a chunk out of it. She said it was painful so I put some solar balm over her lips and it eased the pain and cleared it up within 3 days. I've always loved solar oil but the balm is in my first aid kit definately.

Boogaloo said:
Would it not cause spots for combination skin??? and do you just apply it to the face?

You can apply it anywhere you like and I don't see why it would cause any problems for any type of skin. Apply to the parts that need it and avoid the parts that don't.

SolarOil is so light ... not heavy or claggy ... it is absorbed almost immediately into the skin and has a calming and soothing action on any inflammation.

geeg said:
You can apply it anywhere you like and I don't see why it would cause any problems for any type of skin. Apply to the parts that need it and avoid the parts that don't.

SolarOil is so light ... not heavy or claggy ... it is absorbed almost immediately into the skin and has a calming and soothing action on any inflammation.

I put it on my face last night and it seemed very nice not heavy at all, so will let you know the results!!

Works even better if you apply it to your clean face that still has a damp sheen of water on it.

Another use - have just discovered that solar oil is great for a very sore nose when you have a cold - smells good too!:)

Maybe we should put it in capsules and take it everyday like Evening Primrose Oil :wink2: :lick: :lol:

Knew Solar oil was the bee,s knees but didnt realise quite how much it could help with different ailments.
Have an alergy to my watch and back of wrist is so sore at times will try the magic oil. Hopefully it will work.

Love and stuff

Latest posts

Back