Another wax Q- do you use hot or warm/strip wax for underarm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxnnails

Reaction score
Hi

I am just wondering what most people use here for underarm waxing? I was taught to do underarms/intimate areas/eyebrows (all smaller/delicate areas) with hot wax however have noticed afew people on here use strip wax.

So, what do you use and why?

Thanks!

Leanne

hi leanne
i use hot wax for bikini, u/arm and lip waxing as its much more pleasant for the client. as the hair is denser on bikini and u/arm its more practicle to use a non strip wax. I have regular waxing done myself and would not let anyone near my bikini line with strip wax . that would be pure torture. also find strip wax can be difficult to use on a client with extreamly heavy growth on the inner bikini area. hth
ciara.

I use non strip wax as it gentler for the client and really grips the hair. xxx

At work I use only strip wax for everything.... have yet, in 10 years, have any problems.

At home, I have recently been introduced to a new wax line, and am using hard wax for face and underarms.... I love it.

That being said... I am going to disagree with the statements about strip wax being less gentle than hard wax.... I always, without execption, use oil as a prep under my wax. My clients have always told me I am the least painful waxer they have encountered.

i just find that strip wax has more of a sting than non strip wax. have used both but thats just my opinion. every one has there own way of doing things i guess.
ciara.

Latest posts

Back