Any positive stories-kidney cancer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Hi unfortunately I have been diagnosed with suspected kidney cancer and awaiting surgery to get kidney removed. Hoping my fellow geeks can reassure me with any experience they may have on this. Doc says it hasn't spread anywhere which is a huge bonus but I'm scared nonetheless! X

Hi,
Not me personally but my sister in law had this, she had some of her kidney removed and luckily it had not spread anywhere else. She didn't need chemo or anything else and is monitored now every 6 months and she is doing well.
I hope your surgery is soon and recovery is speedy for you :) x

Thanks that sounds promising x

So sorry for your news....i can't offer you anything useful but just wanted to send my best wishes I really wish you all the luck in the world right now xxxx

Thank you so much that's very kind. My op is 25th April so not too long now. X

Hey just an update. After 3 weeks on hospital back in April. I'm fighting fit again. Would still love to hear any positive stories regarding kidney cancer though as o
I've been told it could return elsewhere. I also had to have my spleen removed but I do feel pretty normal which is great. X

Hey just an update. After 3 weeks on hospital back in April. I'm fighting fit again. Would still love to hear any positive stories regarding kidney cancer though as o
I've been told it could return elsewhere. I also had to have my spleen removed but I do feel pretty normal which is great. X
Excellent news!! My sister in law is still fighting fit too, no re-occurrences any where else, so fingers crossed you will stay well now :)

Thank you. Fingers crossed x

My grandad had kidney cancer a few years ago. Apparently it was a rare form which wouldn't spread elsewhere, but they still took his kidney out quickly. He's got loads of other health problems (he is over 80!) but he recovered from it well x

Thanks for sharing. Love to hear success stories, keeps me positive x

Hope your ok I sent you well wishes recently ....have found out this week my brother has it! How are you feeling now x

I'm good at the moment thanks. Due a scan around oct but I feel pretty normal. My op was a big one too, I was on hospital for over 3 weeks but that is not the norm. Isn't that weird that your family have now been touched by it. It's almost like we were meant to chat. If you want to ask me anything fire away, I know how worrying it is for everyone x

Latest posts

Back