Any suggestions please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_rollinson

Reaction score
Hi, I had a new client in for a set of acrylic nails a few weeks ago, she was made up with them and then she messaged me about 4 days later saying she had broke a nail, it was just the corner of one nail, I repaired it and 2 weeks later she wanted shellac so she removed the acrylic herself.

She came to get them done on friday and she changed her mind for acrylic again, she's messaged me tonight asking for my mobile number and said one of her nails has come off, she was washing her hair and it got stuck and came off and she's glued it on with super glue :eek:, she asked if it's happened before, I said not that I know of (which I haven't had anyone's nails pop off) I've said for her to let me know if she wants me to repair it.

I have mums who's nails last 2-3 weeks, I'm so confused :/

It sounds like it has lifted and her hair has caught under it.

That's what I was thinking but that's never happened after a few days :/

If it's that soon it could be the prep on that particular nail. If she comes back for a repair you might get a better idea of what happened once you see it x

Oh yes probably, thank you, I'll see how it looks when I see her :) x

I think the clue here might be that she removed her acrylics herself. If she "helped" them off by picking or peeling with her teeth, she will have severely thinned the nail plate, which will have the effect of making anything applied on top of it more likely to lift. Did you notice any damage when you applied the shellac? X

Yes a little, a few of her nails were quite long after 3 weeks of acrylics but her nails are weak and some had slight damage x

Latest posts

Back