Anyone else feel unfulfilled

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanilla, Apr 20, 2017.

1. vanilla

Hey geek,

I've just started a new job for a well known brand and I know in a few months I will be bored. We don't do all level three treatments.

I enjoy beauty but I can't see myself doing it for the rest of my life. I thought maybe I would feel different if I was self employed. Something I've always wanted to do. Maybe that's why I feel like this.

I've always felt trapped in employment. I don't know if it's because I'm in the wrong career or it's just my character. Anyone else feel like this?

If I didn't do beauty I don't know what I would do. I'm a creative type and enjoy working with people.

I'm thinking of doing a degree with the open university but worry how I will juggle it all.

2. Biljana

As much as I love our industry, I am always studying other things. I juggle a very busy business, take care of 3 young kids, and I take Open studies at University regularly. Before Christmas I did a creative writing course, this Summer I am taking a few psychology courses. It is good to have a well rounded knowledge of many things, I fell. Time management is essential and you have to be organized and a planner, if you want to be successful at it.
    Good luck!

vanilla likes this.
  3. vanilla

Are you studying with the open university?

4. Biljana

I am not sure what you mean by open University? I am in Open Studies at a University. Where you can sample any number of courses without declaring a major/minor.

5. Haircutz

Staff Member
    There are lots of online courses (UK based and overseas) that you can enrol on and many are free unless you wish to sit an exam for a qualification. They are not all academic based courses either. You could study mindfulness, gardening, chicken behaviour, coding as well as business related subjects (pricing strategy, persuasive communication) that could be added to your cv.

Google free online education and your area of interest.

vanilla and squidgernetball like this.
  6. vanilla

The Open University is distance learning. All online. You can study for a degree part time over longer periods than a brick university.