Anyone seen Artpro 3 min nail extensions as advertised on facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraBo

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just seen Artpro nail extensions on facebook. I am fairly new to the nail world so havent always heard of different suppliers so wondered what people know about them? Are they a legitimate professional company? If these nail extensions are of professional quality, they look amazingly easy to apply and remove! Too good to be true im wondering?!

I was going to ask about this system too so will tag on to this and hopefully someone will have some info.

I'm due to receive this system tomorrow and will be posting video tutorials, info and reviews on my blog. I'll let you know when they're up :)

It does look good, but if I was going to offer these I'd probably do it along side my other systems, I personally would see this as a service "add on" & in no way a replacement for traditional nail enhancement systems.

I've watched the video a couple of times but poor quality and a tiny picture make it hard to see. From what I can see they are just tips with a thin coat of gel polish over the top. 'Weekender' style nails??? So no stress point structure and stability, they are removed by 'scrubbing' according to the video so the overlay must be not much more resilient that normal nail polish or surely some period of soaking would be required. 'Scrubbing' is little more than polish level removal as far as I can see.

Not sure I see what the benefits are. Oh, and the 3 minutes is 'per nail' in small font under the title, I can apply and blend a tip in less time than that anyway

Here is the link for the first of 3 videos I am publishing on the artpro express gel extension system:

There are 2 more video on their way too - application tutorial and review and a removal tutorial and review :).

(Link removed by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of weekender nails too.
I'd bit heard is them until recently (newbie) but this seems to be a simplified version of that.

A quick fix but not something I'll look into I don't think xx

Having had a play with these this weekend I would say they are a bit stronger thAn weekend nails as they are certainly more structurally correct thanks to the builder gel. I'm going to get the application video up in the next few days and hopefully you should see what I mean.

Application video tutorial and review now up.

Removal video tutorial now available.
I have to say, it removes like a dream!!

I've removed the URL links as product advertising is not allowed other than via approved banners.

(Presumably, this is a DIY rather than Pro product as its bought from eBay?)

Still don't get it o_O

I wouldn't use them as a pro, maybe as a DIY before I trained. They are not much different to the full coverage Sally Hansen/Elegant Nails/whatever temporary nails available in Boots/wherever with gel polish over the top.

They are just applied two thirds of the way down the nail instead of at the cuticle. They are adhered with resin, just a different name for adhesive. I know of many techs who use resin to adhere tips anyway. I also know techs who use L&P to adhere tips. It's no great revolution.

The stress point built with the gel coat is pointless, it's pretty but it doesn't act as a strengthener in anyway. It's located between the join of the tip and and free edge so it's not providing anything other than a pretty bump where a stress point apex should be. The stress point apex is to strengthen the stress point, that is where the tip and natural nail meet and also where the natural nail (if no tip was applied) would break under pressure. If you put that demo nail under stress it would break at the tip join which is behind the apex so it's not of any use to the structure.

Maybe there is a use for weekender style nails, but I don't believe it's any different to what is currently being done.

What is this monstrosity

I've removed the URL links as product advertising is not allowed other than via approved banners.

(Presumably, this is a DIY rather than Pro product as its bought from eBay?)

I am not advertising this product I am a blogger who has made a tutorial. The link is for the tutorial. I posted it in response to people's questions about the product.

Still don't get it o_O

I wouldn't use them as a pro, maybe as a DIY before I trained. They are not much different to the full coverage Sally Hansen/Elegant Nails/whatever temporary nails available in Boots/wherever with gel polish over the top.

They are just applied two thirds of the way down the nail instead of at the cuticle. They are adhered with resin, just a different name for adhesive. I know of many techs who use resin to adhere tips anyway. I also know techs who use L&P to adhere tips. It's no great revolution.

The stress point built with the gel coat is pointless, it's pretty but it doesn't act as a strengthener in anyway. It's located between the join of the tip and and free edge so it's not providing anything other than a pretty bump where a stress point apex should be. The stress point apex is to strengthen the stress point, that is where the tip and natural nail meet and also where the natural nail (if no tip was applied) would break under pressure. If you put that demo nail under stress it would break at the tip join which is behind the apex so it's not of any use to the structure.

Maybe there is a use for weekender style nails, but I don't believe it's any different to what is currently being done.

You're right, it is no great revolution as such. It looks a tad more professional than just sticking tips on and I have used it to cover a high split in the clients nail plate and then filed the tip to match the length of the clients nail. It worked well for that while the split grew out. This is for sale on eBay however I don't know many 'home users' who would buy the kit at £78 and that's without the up lamp it gel polish.

You're right, it is no great revolution as such. It looks a tad more professional than just sticking tips on and I have used it to cover a high split in the clients nail plate and then filed the tip to match the length of the clients nail. It worked well for that while the split grew out. This is for sale on eBay however I don't know many 'home users' who would buy the kit at £78 and that's without the up lamp it gel polish.

£78!? I wouldn't pay that pro or DIY. It feels a bit 'off' not having a specific base coat to match the builder gel, that whole 'any one will do' view doesn't instill confidence in me.

£78!? I wouldn't pay that pro or DIY. It feels a bit 'off' not having a specific base coat to match the builder gel, that whole 'any one will do' view doesn't instill confidence in me.

I agree it is odd. I spoke with several insurance companies also who were unable to tell me what qualifications would be needed to insure this treatment as there is no official training course for it.

Just received my Guild Gazette through and there's a whole page article on this system. There is now an accredited training course. Watched the videos but would like to know just how strong they are and realistic length of time they'd last.

I offer these and they last around 2 weeks. Clients who want temporary extensions for special events seem to go for them and they really are a dream to remove, they also work well to repair broken nails or cover a high split that would otherwise catch during a gel manicure.

Latest posts

Back