Anyone use L'Oreal Majiblonde, hi lift tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi I have yet to use majiblonde as a high lift tint was wondering how any of you guys have got on with it. Does it lift 4 and half levels easily would it be better with 12%. I usualy use bleach but have a lady who realy doesnt want bleach applied to the scalp (she has all over) I used majirel 10.01 it lifted realy well but was slightly golden (at 9% which is the highest persentage they recomend) she would like more ash I think anyone got any advice on this as I havent been using loreal very long..if you have any other sugestions would love any advice thanks guys xx

Hi,

Ive used Loreal colours for years but i must say i really don't like Majiblonde,my rep assures me its a new improved formula but i tried it and still found them slightly more golden (than Wella 12 range) and don't like the texture.
On my hair i use 12/89 with 12% which turns out great,if i want it a little ashier i would use majirel 9.1 with 6% at the backwash for a few mins after tinting.
In the past i have had a scalp bleach and 10.01,but prefer Wella highlift to Loreal.I use everything else Loreal.

Hope that helps:eek:

Yeh thank that realy helps I have the milkshakes didiacolor shal I just use my 10.01 and then put a milkshake on the damp hair and massage for a few minuits over the back wash to put a bit of as into the hair Do you think this would be better than a majiblonde or shal I go and get some wella 12 series?xx

Ive never actually used the Milkshake range so wouldnt know what to recommend with that..
Does she actually want to go lighter or just get more of an ash look?
I really love Blue Shampoo's(Aveda Blue Malva) or rinses to get ashy looks.
For some of my blonde clients i actually give them some blue rinse to take home and to spray on the hair before they blowdry and it looks great.(i do this myself too)
If she actually wants to go lighter i would go for the wella 12 range as a step up..

Hi, I also think you will get a better lift with the Wella high lift tints,

but if your client wants a really good lift without any scalp irritation
why not try a very gentle oil based scalp bleach there is one called proclere oil bleach
specially made for on the scalp bleaching only
from a level 5 it produces up and beyond (that very pale blonde )
without the burning or the itch ,
it is a blue Gel and comes with sachets for the degree of lightness you want

its so much less discomfort for the client than any high lift tints or powder bleaches
and you only ever use 6% with it
check it out its fab and fast too .

I get mine from salons direct ,
they also do proclere toners in a range of tones to match :hug: x

Wella also do a lovely Colour Fresh toner for blond bleached hair in 0/6 sliver ,

The hair first needs to be lightened past that baby chicken yellow blonde and up to that light creamy stage with the proclere oil bleach ,

(but don't go past the creamy stage or condition may be lost and toner will not hold ),

Then when the 0/6 toner is used after washing off the proclere oil bleach , it will give that white platinum blonde look

ps , always follow all manufactures instructions and always preform strand tests and skin tests before any bleach or tint procedure

:hug: minky

it will still lift up gold as you cant use 12% on scalp- i have done before ,years ago when it was supposed to be ok ,but then it comes up bright gold! ,could you tone it afterwards? if the lady wanrts it lighter i would either use bleach or scatter some bleach h/l through the top .

Have you tried the 12/11 in the wella tint that is very good for getting rid of orangey tones ?

Hi, I also think you will get a better lift with the Wella high lift tints,

but if your client wants a really good lift without any scalp irritation
why not try a very gentle oil based scalp bleach there is one called proclere oil bleach
specially made for on the scalp bleaching only
from a level 5 it produces up and beyond (that very pale blonde )
without the burning or the itch ,
it is a blue Gel and comes with sachets for the degree of lightness you want

its so much less discomfort for the client than any high lift tints or powder bleaches
and you only ever use 6% with it
check it out its fab and fast too .

I get mine from salons direct ,
they also do proclere toners in a range of tones to match :hug: x

Wella also do a lovely Colour Fresh toner for blond bleached hair in 0/6 sliver ,

The hair first needs to be lightened past that baby chicken yellow blonde and up to that light creamy stage with the proclere oil bleach ,

(but don't go past the creamy stage or condition may be lost and toner will not hold ),

Then when the 0/6 toner is used after washing off the proclere oil bleach , it will give that white platinum blonde look

ps , always follow all manufactures instructions and always preform strand tests and skin tests before any bleach or tint procedure

:hug: minky
this is your best bet, if you are going to use the majiblond, make sure yous choose the 901s- the s means there is another 1/2 to 1 full level of lightening along with some extra tone to control your warmth. We've had great success with the Majiblond, and if they are too warm I head right for the milkshakes to cool them off, 5 min at the basin, good to go.

Okay I was also just wondering about the Majiblonde color and haven't tried it yet. I have a true 6 level wanting the nice yellow blonde. I have tried Wella 12 level in the past and still get brassy. Has anyone tried the Blonde Plus additive? What are your results? Also this may be a novice question ~ What does 12% and 6% convert to in volume? 40vol & 20vol?

Thanks.

3%=10 vol
6%=20 vol
9%=30 vol
12%=40 vol

Wella isn't popular in our area, so I'm not as comfortable with suggestions for wella. If your client is a true level 6 and wants a nice blonde, the MajiBlonde 921 and 901S make a lovely warm blonde, for me it's just a little warm so I am often tempted to tone. I like the Platinum ice milk shake or the Luocolor 10 N at the shampoo bowl for about 5 to 10 min.

Loads of great replies.. yeh im going to look into that oil bleach got the salons direct catalogue. I love the didiacolour milkshakes so will be doing it tomorrow. She likes it warm but obviously not to gold as she doesnt like that white blonde look thanks every one!!!!xxxxx

Hi everybody, I need your help! I am looking for a high lift to go from my approximately 5.5 to a 7 ( I will then do blonde highlights as usual). I have done it at my hairdressers salon for years and it always worked fine. Normally, she would mix it with a 1,9%, because I don´t need a high lift, and in maximum 10 minutes it would be ready. She should also apply it quickly to avoid it would lift too much. Since I have moved to Germany, she has given me the same colour she would use, but it´s over now and this brand is not available here. I have tried Wella Koleston 12.1 with the same 1.9% but it would never lift!!!! I waited 30 minutes and also wrapped my whole head in tin foil trying to accellerate the process..in the end, I got a 6,5 and it took me much longer than usual. Since a lot of you are recommending Wella, I wanted to ask you if there was a reason for this unusual, low lift? I was thinking of buying a new colour, maybe Majirel High Lift, or any other big brand which I could also find here. Any suggestions? Thank you all xxx

Latest posts

Back