Anyone use Treatwell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you just offer your least popular treatments on there, or offer a package deals only.

I've been looking into Treatwell to use for my quiet early afternoon appointments but they take a huge percentage! verybusybunny I really like the package deal idea. Can I ask do any of you increase your price to cover some of it, say your usual Manicure is £20 do you put it on treatwell for £25? or is that not allowed x

I spoke to Treatwell recently, the call went well until I asked what costs were incurred. When I replied "just to clarify, you take 20% of the gross revenue generated?" The rep hung up. 20%!!!!!! Absolute madness, that's a huge chunk of revenue to give away, you may as well go and hand out £20 notes on the street. My business would collapse if I gave away 20% of my gross revenue. Sorry, mad old lady rant over!.

It has its pros and cons. My salon receives well over 150 bookings every month from it and fills in empty slots, opens up to a new client base and guarantees bookings as everyone prepays. Yes they take 25% but only off your clients first visit. After that inform your client that they can book direct with you or through your own website. A few clients are pains and rebook through Treatwell, especially when Treatwell send out special offers, but the way I look at it is I much prefer my staff to have a client at 25% less than our treatment menu than having no one in at all. I also find some clients call if they cannot find an appointment and book direct so its a great marketing tool. However my salon has 14 staff members so I can only go off personal experience of my business.

We use Treatwell in my salon for the two newest stylists and it works great. You have to be on top of blocking your time out. We get quite a lot of clients through them and majority then rebook directly with you

We have treatwell it probably brings in 2/3 new clients a week x

When I first joined Treatwell it was Wahanda, and I got loads of bookings. Then things sloped off and went quiet despite the fact that my ratings were very high and the next thing I knew my account had been suspended. When I queried this, I was told you have to log into your account at least once a week under the new policies otherwise they kick you off. This is unfeasible for me, as I'm quite busy...and also my argument was that if I got a booking Treatwell usually texted me so I knew to respond. The customer service for Treatwell is crap, and it took me about four attempts to finally get to speak to my manager. I'm thinking of coming off it because I feel they give priority to those who pay monthly on there, and I'm not about to pay those fees on top of their 20 percent. I get a lot of my work through my website and word of mouth.

When I first joined Treatwell it was Wahanda, and I got loads of bookings. Then things sloped off and went quiet despite the fact that my ratings were very high and the next thing I knew my account had been suspended. When I queried this, I was told you have to log into your account at least once a week under the new policies otherwise they kick you off. This is unfeasible for me, as I'm quite busy...and also my argument was that if I got a booking Treatwell usually texted me so I knew to respond. The customer service for Treatwell is crap, and it took me about four attempts to finally get to speak to my manager. I'm thinking of coming off it because I feel they give priority to those who pay monthly on there, and I'm not about to pay those fees on top of their 20 percent. I get a lot of my work through my website and word of mouth.

I'm trying to come off it at the moment and they're not being very helpful!

I'm trying to come off it at the moment and they're not being very helpful!

Update: They suspended my account yet again. So I demanded, not asked, for them to delete my account. They made a fortune out of me and my high ratings, so they go take a hike.

Update: They suspended my account yet again. So I demanded, not asked, for them to delete my account. They made a fortune out of me and my high ratings, so they go take a hike.
Why do they suspend your account? I find now most of my bookings are through the widget as don't tend to have many last minute slots available any more do that works better for me as they don't get the 20% that way.

I'm going to have to demand they delete my account too tomorrow as they've still not done it after ringing them up numerous times

On this matter

Do treatwell only work with out if you are an actual salon rather than a home run salon?

Sorry to be ignorant, what is treatwell and how do clients access it? And once they've used you through treatwell, do they continue to always get the 20% discount or are they free to return to you at full price?

I know 20% is a lot but if you've otherwise an empty slot it's still 80% of the treatment price which as a one off doesn't seem too bad.

Is it a bit like groupon?

Treatwell is more like a beauty comparison site. All different salons and home salons have their page on there with basic information and full prices.

You can find it through an internet search. If you typed beauty your town treatwell would probably pop up.

Every time someone books through treatwell you must pay 20% plus vat of their treatment price but you can then encourage them to book directly through you. Then treatwell is not entitled to anything. Treatwell tries to keep hold of them by offering money off every now and again to book through them.

I'm so busy at the moment I've blocked out most of my treatwell calendar xx

Thanks for the explanation, really helpful x

Latest posts

Back