Applying gel polish/confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa198430

Reaction score
Hi.I have done a course in level 2 nail tech and also a course in opi gel however I feel really nervous about my first client this week for gel polish.I practised on my friend last week and look really messy!! Her hands are quite dry and sore could this have been prevented by doing more of a manicure first? I filed and pushed cuticles back as far as I could but Obv didn't want to use any creams etc?
Just feel really nervous as its my first paying client and I want her to be happy with them :(

I have been practising on my own nails and friends and family. Maybe see if you can do someone elses again before your clients app to boost your confidence a bit.

I was the same! It all comes with practice,I just make sure my clients knew I was new at it and still training! Plus why they are getting it cheaper xx

It took me at least 2 months to finally feel happy with my work! Don't feel nervous, remember it's your first time and some are going to go better than others! Just reassure your client that she is your first and you're excited about doing her nails and sound confident :) x

Messy in what way? If you're having trouble getting the polish around the cuticle to look neat, i get a thin brush and dip it in isopropyl alcohol (a very small amount ) and clean up the mess and wipe it on a lint free wipe before curing. It cleans the mess perfectly.

Remember to keep the polish coats THIN otherwise they will run into the cuticle when curing. Use solar oil after top coat. If you sound confident the client may not even know you're new. :) You GOT this!!

Just read all the replys Thankyou so much it helps knowing there are people you can ask for advice ☺️ Well I've done her nails today she was happy with them can I have honest opinions of what you think please?

Yep, keep the coats thin. Applying thickly could also cause it to ripple. I clean any mess off the skin with an orange stick before curing and never had a problem this way. Remember to hold the sidewalls down too. Hth

Latest posts

Back