Apprentice /level 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello all ! Could somebody please help me ? I have a nice little hair salon for about 1.5 years now and decided to take on a 26 year old level 2 hairdresser as a Saturday helper ! He's great with blowdrys and little jobs here and there, he can do basic colour and straight cuts . I pay him minimum in cash but he's there and helps with the little jobs , answers phone and is genuinely really nice to be around also I think he's going to do really well once he's up and running! What I'm wondering is how do you guys advertise your apprentices or Saturday helpers ? I'd like him to do blow dries for like £10 to start getting some practise but wanted to pick some brain on what's the best way for him to start? Sorry for the long one xx

Good for you on getting someone decent, I'm finding it impossible. I just agreed a 1 day a week college placement for someone to start next week for 6 weeks as part of her course and offered her Saturday's paid as an extra. (This was without her even doing her first day). She replied that she would be happy to do any day after college but not Saturday's as that's when she sees her fiancé! [emoji23]
I would do an offer with something like 50% off blowdrys with your junior on Saturdays. Then if he builds up a good rapport with them he could try and get them to come back for discounted cuts or colour in the future or maybe on a different day or evening where it's easier to supervise him.

thank you ! Oh it's only early days yet ! I had a hairdresser working here for 2 days and she would not do Saturday's whatsoever as she likes working Monday's..when I'm off ...

Latest posts

Back