Apprenticeship funding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinpassion

Mrsferg
Reaction score
Hi Everyone after lots of years in the industry I bit the bullet and went self employed renting a room in a salon 1 year ago today. It's gone better than I ever expected and I'm so busy! I'm looking at the possibility of taking on an apprentice who I know well and is so reliable and loyal but needs some re training (she's done level 2) but obviously this is a big risk for little me and wanting to ensure her future is safe too! Does anyone know of any funding to help small business with this or is is it simple you get to employ some one for £3.50 ph?! I would really love to help her but in the beginning before she gets going she won't be making lots of money and will need to equipment a second room [emoji51]

If you speak to your local college they were really helpful to us.

There's a limited amount of age grant left which from memory is about £1500 but it's only paid when they've been with you a certain amount of time and there was another £1000 from a different fund

Sorry I can't reminder the details without digging out the paperwork X

Hi Everyone after lots of years in the industry I bit the bullet and went self employed renting a room in a salon 1 year ago today. It's gone better than I ever expected and I'm so busy! I'm looking at the possibility of taking on an apprentice who I know well and is so reliable and loyal but needs some re training (she's done level 2) but obviously this is a big risk for little me and wanting to ensure her future is safe too! Does anyone know of any funding to help small business with this or is is it simple you get to employ some one for £3.50 ph?! I would really love to help her but in the beginning before she gets going she won't be making lots of money and will need to equipment a second room [emoji51]

The NHF has a guide if you're a member?

https://www.nhf.info/nhf-shop/181438575-apprenticeship-guide/

Latest posts

Back