Archie Lloyd hair turning pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhat123

Reaction score
Hi everyone I fitted Archie lloyd tape extensions for a girl she went to dubai and literally within a few days of being there she only went for 4 days, I contacted and asked them and they said read the policy and I went and read it and it's says lots of ridiculous things that they say yiu can't do, it's absolutely ridiculous, Has any one experienced this, They are recommended alot in here and I have absolutely no idea why.

Attachments

• 1510916496459.jpg
    1510916496459.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 76
Oh no I never let my girls were hair extensions abroad! Boiler water, sun, sun cream, sea water and pool water will all turn all blonde extensions orange or pink :(
This happened two customers of mine with easilocks and one with Tasha jacks !

It's actually metals in the water that make the hair turn pink. It's more common abroad but there are some place in the UK where the copper content in the water is higher than the norm. It can be removed with Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Remedy, I think you can buy it from Alan Howard and Amazon. It isn't the hair manufacturers or extensionists fault but it is something to make your clients aware of.

If it is just on the mid lengths and ends I would say it’s more sun tan lotion than water

Hi, as above use Malibu C for hard water, then Malibu C for blondes which should take them back to original colour. Might have to do hard water sachet twice before using one to revive blonde. Then condition really well as leaves blondes bit on the dry side after these chemicals. Hth.

As above always advise blonde clients before holidays to use bottled water to wash their hair to avoid this problem.

Thanks everyone for your help, I'm gona get this she's coming in Wednesday, I will let everyone know how I get on, Hopefully it rectifys it x

If it is just on the mid lengths and ends I would say it’s more sun tan lotion than water
I've had a client who went to China and another who went somewhere remote in Wales. Neither sunbathed or used suntan lotion but still ended up with pink hair, nothing to do with suntan lotion.

I had this with Tasha jacks hair, we had never seen anything like this and was never taught or told it could happen! - they wouldn't refund her, so we refunded her out of courtesy.
Now we tell all extension clients to beware aboard! X

I had this with Tasha jacks hair, we had never seen anything like this and was never taught or told it could happen! - they wouldn't refund her, so we refunded her out of courtesy.
Now we tell all extension clients to beware aboard! X
Me too! As much as I love Tasha's hair, I do think they have a duty of care to tell their customers this could happen. They must know it's well water and not suntan lotion turning their hair pink?? .

Latest posts

Back