Are my GHDs defective or do they just not last long?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spa Therapist

Reaction score
Hi, as the title suggests I have a pair of Mk IV GHDs that don't seem to be doing much anymore!! :sad: I bought them from Professional Beauty North in October and when I got them home to be honest I was a bit disappointed with them - I used to have the wider salon styler Mk III's and they were better.
Anyway they were only £90 so I thought well I'll give them a try (as opposed to paying £140 for the wider plates)

To cut a long story short, they are not straightening as well now :sad: I have fine wispy hair but LOTS of it!! I straightened my hair about 15mins ago - sectioning into nice little chunks as I went... it came out lovely as it does every morning but then 15mins later its big, fluffy and frizzy again!!!!! It's not damp or humid in here so I just don't get it?! I can straighten it again but it'll just do the same thing. I've just struggled to fit it all into a bobble it's so thick and fluffy, and 15mins ago it was like silk :(

Any ideas as to what might be going wrong? I don't want to email GHD incase I make a fool of myself (if the straightens are not actually defective!!)

Thanks in advance xxx

It sounds like they are not heating properly. The GHD guarantee is very good, so send them back to be checked.

Phew, just got back from work! Thanks, I think I might ring them and see how I go about sending them back. I just didn't want to make a fuss sending them off to be fixed and find out there wasn't anything wrong with them, I just had bad hair lol x

Latest posts

Back