Assistance with advertising...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEEBYBOOFAY

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone give me some hints and tips please?

In a week or so I have been invited to go to a School Fair and I have a table to basically advertise my services. I am Creative trained and I have just finished my course and am starting up my own freelance business. I was thinking that I should perhaps order some posters from Creative to place on the table and display gift vouchers for Christmas etc but I am at a loss as how to promote myself otherwise . I am new to this kind of advertising and would welcome any hints as to how I should play the evening. Should I offer some kind of mini treatment for people? I'm also a Beauty Therapist too but essentially I really want to push the nails side of the business.
Any suggestions would be fab, thanks Nora :D

Why not offer shape & polish at a nominal rate, have with you some business cards or price lists to distribute and perhaps do some nail art if you can. Do a search - there are loads of threads on craft fairs and school fetes which should give you loads of ideas. Good luck!

I did a Christmas fair a couple of years ago at the local High School.

Had loads of my leaflets and price lists, business cards available. I made a banner with my company name on for the front of the table. Took a client with me who needed a nail replacement so I did that as a demo too.

I also had my nail art display board up, which all looked at and offered 1/2 price painted french manicures which at the time I charged £4 to do, so didi them for £2 each! I know charge £6 for a french paint job, but I'd charge £4 as an offer.

Or do a few dotty flowers/nail art on one nail for £1, won't take you long and they'll be a queue of kids!

Good Luck X

Thanks very much to you both, I didn't realise there were threads for this topic elsewhere. They are fab ideas and I will use them,

Thanks again,

Hi, I recently did a ladies Pamper Evening and set up a mobile nail bar (ironing board cleverly disguised) and did mini file, cuticle moisturise and polish 15mins treatment. I did 12 in 4 hours, there was a queue the whole night long.

I sold glass files, cuticle treatment and polishes on the night too....I recommend keeping a consistent feel so people remember your logo etc. My bags had stickers on with Green Hands, my products were wrapped in tissue with a Green Hands sticker to hold it together, in each bag I made sure I added a price list with the same logo, same font writing etc.

Good Luck with your event, I hope its a great success.

Naomi

naomi said:
Hi, I recently did a ladies Pamper Evening and set up a mobile nail bar (ironing board cleverly disguised) and did mini file, cuticle moisturise and polish 15mins treatment. I did 12 in 4 hours, there was a queue the whole night long.

I sold glass files, cuticle treatment and polishes on the night too....I recommend keeping a consistent feel so people remember your logo etc. My bags had stickers on with Green Hands, my products were wrapped in tissue with a Green Hands sticker to hold it together, in each bag I made sure I added a price list with the same logo, same font writing etc.

Good Luck with your event, I hope its a great success.

Naomi

That sounds great! very proffesional. feebyboofay- I love the username! x x

Urban Geek said:
Why not offer shape & polish at a nominal rate, have with you some business cards or price lists to distribute and perhaps do some nail art if you can. Do a search - there are loads of threads on craft fairs and school fetes which should give you loads of ideas. Good luck!

yeah thats a good idea, in with that you could offer quick nail art, theres a tutorial at leeds creative on monday for xmas nail art so you could go festive and show your talents off???

Thank you very much guys, all the tips are great, getting very nervous. I haven't trained in Nail Art so I can't offer that, will do though as it seems that it is essential!

u dont need to be trained!! get some paints (30p a tub) acrylic so they can just be washed of if u make a boob, striper pens (ebay) and rhinestones and just play about! im not artistic at all and havent been trained but i just play around and i can do some cool wee things now. look on the nail art boards for ideas

Latest posts

Back