At last I have found Butter London UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karma-beauty

Reaction score
I want!!!!!!!

has anyone used this brand?

what are there products just manicure or do they do gels etc

i get the impression that its a product that looks great on the shelf but iv found (in all areas not necessarily nails) tat when the packaging and branding is good sometimes the product performance isnt great, and wonder if this is an example of that?

To me they do not look like a professional line .. more like a consumer product.

i get the impression that its a product that looks great on the shelf but iv found (in all areas not necessarily nails) tat when the packaging and branding is good sometimes the product performance isnt great, and wonder if this is an example of that?
I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain extent, but you cant judge untill you have tried me thinks!!
I got the trade prices through today and I am impressed to say the least and I will be buying the polishes only.
I have compared the packaging to china glaze and what can I say, get my drift;)
I know quality when I see it.
Take a look at the butter london reviews or look at the products on strawberryandcream.com
These products are not advertised everywhere and it is unlikely you stumble across on it on the likes of ebay!
It looks a whole lot classier than opi (ooopppsss) and actually stays on longer too.
but hey each to their own, each to their own.
faye

Okay so was it when you looked at the products you decided that you liked them and wanted them or was it a little later that you decided that only the packaging may be good and not the product itself?
Only to start with (in the above post) you liked them and then you didnt?
oh what the heck im confused:zzz:

Well said!!!!!!!!!!! xx

I like the look of it and I can't wait to try it x

Well as I said before the packaging is nice but the actual products aren't so great...the polish colours are lovely but their longevity is not great and they go thick quickly (in the bottle) and I am not speaking about this after trialling the range, I used it for a whole 18 months!
oh boy when i lived in cyprus and worked in a spa, wow did we used to get through so much polish thinner, honestly it was a joke!! If we could of turned the damn heating down we would of, but unfortunately we had no heating:D
Im finding this whole product buying for my spa to be a real pain, for the last few weeks i have loved it but the last couple of days im so finding it to be a pain in the ****. The thing i want and need especialy in a competative market is something different and i am thinking opi, cnd, ibd etc etc are just not different they are samey if you like but I like the look and the quality of Butter london and feel confident enough in my getting older way to promote it.
shame you didnt get on with tirnak I dont suppose you were living in cyprus too with the need to keep the lid on it, i mean turn the heating down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh boy when i lived in cyprus and worked in a spa, wow did we used to get through so much polish thinner, honestly it was a joke!! If we could of turned the damn heating down we would of, but unfortunately we had no heating:D
Im finding this whole product buying for my spa to be a real pain, for the last few weeks i have loved it but the last couple of days im so finding it to be a pain in the ****. The thing i want and need especialy in a competative market is something different and i am thinking opi, cnd, ibd etc etc are just not different they are samey if you like but I like the look and the quality of Butter london and feel confident enough in my getting older way to promote it.
shame you didnt get on with tirnak I dont suppose you were living in cyprus too with the need to keep the lid on it, i mean turn the heating down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found that in a competitive market, the thing that sells is the thing that is HOT and in the magazines and performs well .. not the thing that is just different for the sake of being different and never mind about the quality.
But why listen to me ... I've only been in business for 25 years and ran the 3 most successful nail salons in the North of England ... what the heck would I know? For what it is worth .. I was exclusively CND.

someone get the medals this girl deserves them!
I have been in the industry for a tiny 20 years but that doesnt mean I am better than the girl up the road who has been in business and qualified a year ago.
I have never bought anything because it looks good either hence the reason I mentioned I have tried butter london (above)
I also believe from experience that taking that jump and promoting something new that isnt so common with other businesses can bring huge rewards, as you have discovered im sure having 4 businesses, I mean 3 sorry.
Are the salons still open?
faye
x

To me they do not look like a professional line .. more like a consumer product.

I agree I can see anything on there about being a professional product. They also have stores for clients to go into, looks like they are a brand themselves, not suppling to others.

Okay so was it when you looked at the products you decided that you liked them and wanted them or was it a little later that you decided that only the packaging may be good and not the product itself?
Only to start with (in the above post) you liked them and then you didnt?
oh what the heck im confused:zzz:

It was the packaging that appealed. Im always drawn to things that look nice. But I would rather save up to be able to use a high quality, salon standard product and my goal is CND.

Funnily enough, I currently work in a jewellers and have just had a customer who wants me to make an engagement ring but he cannot afford the quality of diamond he wants so asked for a cz to be put in until he can afford a nice diamond.

I refused to do this on the principle that we do not want out name on something that is trying to look good but isnt high quality. from a distance it would look good but on closer inspection it would be tacky.
I feel this applies to nail products which is why i was interested to know what this product is like. I like the packaging but agree with gigi, i think i was looking at it as a consumer not a professional (I am not qualified yet so do not call myself proffessional but as I aspire to be, feel i should look at products asif I am).
I hope this helps with your confusion.

Yes I like to do the same, have the best right?
Its what suits you, when choosing a product it has to tick all the right boxes.
Whay cnd? i know you have said you are not qualified yet but have you used the cnd products?
I have used the butter london products and i like them and the price is good too, i also like the fact that they are professional products and are used in salons by qualified therapists etc, they also have their own salons in the states.
regarding the packaging, i do not feel that it is wonderful but i know whats inside ticks all the boxes for me!
Oh and prices, please dont talk to me about prices i have just had to pay out £4500 on an opening order for a skin care range!!!! but hey if i didnt want to do it i wouldnt have and would of gone with a less classier product.
when do you qualify?
no confusion:wink2:
faye
x

someone get the medals this girl deserves them!
I have been in the industry for a tiny 20 years but that doesnt mean I am better than the girl up the road who has been in business and qualified a year ago.
I have never bought anything because it looks good either hence the reason I mentioned I have tried butter london (above)
I also believe from experience that taking that jump and promoting something new that isnt so common with other businesses can bring huge rewards, as you have discovered im sure having 4 businesses, I mean 3 sorry.
Are the salons still open?
faye
x

Gosh doesn't it? Lord. if I thought I'd not improved in 20 years and anyone could be in my business for a year and have equal knowledge, experience and skills to mine, I would have been bored out of my mind 19 years ago. :biggrin:

I sold all my salon businesses and retired ... sort of :biggrin: ... lucky me. But all my brilliant technicians are still the best in Leeds and still exclusively CND. Each salon is still going strong. Thanks for asking.

If you like the product you like it .. not sure why you are spending so much time justifying your decision to others.

Last edited:
This is a cute brand and the creator is lovely. However, it is a retail brand and sold in retail stores. However, many brands used in salons are like that so I suppose it depends on what each individual wants. Any brand that has some treatment products can be used as a salon service. One thing I don't like is the comment on the site is "Welcome to colour not carcinogens" !!!!

This is a cute brand and the creator is lovely. However, it is a retail brand and sold in retail stores. However, many brands used in salons are like that so I suppose it depends on what each individual wants. Any brand that has some treatment products can be used as a salon service. One thing I don't like is the comment on the site is "Welcome to colour not carcinogens" !!!!

Trying to sell a product through falsely scaring the public is just plain dishonest marketing.

Fortunately we don't jump on 'the bandwagon' quite as quickly as they do in other countries and don't believe everything we hear or read ESPECIALLY as there are responsible experts who have explained the truth about these silly inaccuracies.

CND is also a polish line that is 3 free .... but not because the chemicals in the polish were dangerous ... they weren't and we all know they weren't ... we sell CND polish on the merits of the polish, ease of application and drying time not by scaring people. I don't like those kind of tactics because they are dishonest.

Its a forum and a discussion board is it not.
Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and I am stating my mine.
If you dont like the product why are you spending so much time getting that point across?!

Its a forum and a discussion board is it not.
Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and I am stating my mine.
If you dont like the product why are you spending so much time getting that point across?!

Don't be silly. I don't even know the product! I've made 2 comments :
1. I said it did not look like a professional product .. which it doesn't. and,
2. I said I don't like the way they lie to promote it.
Please do not twist my words .. because I am very clear in how I post.

It occurs to me that you have some sort of interest in this line other than just buying it for your business. You seem prepared to defend it to the death rather than discuss it and you supposedly haven't even invested in it yet.

This whole thread from your first sentence smacks of you promoting it rather than wishing to discuss its merits.

oh please come on, if you dont know know the product why the interest?
If you are not interested in it you wouldnt be posting!
you seem negative to me therefore remind me not to visit one of your footballers wives salons for a reiki treatment.
Sorry but if you have no interest in the product and clearly you dont why not check out the latest on the shellac thread?
Like I have said dont judge untill you have tried it:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back