Back pain in cosmetology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsi97

Reaction score
Hi! I want to go to cosmetology school but I'm worried because I have a bilateral pars defect on my L5 vertebra, which basically means, my back causes me pain often. I was wondering if I would be able to pursue my dream.

You will be the best person to decide that. Depending on what you want to do, back bending can be different. Maybe try these and then decide.

Nails - can you comfortably sit across a table from someone holding their hand into a position where you could apply nail polish? You would sit like this for 30mins for mani to 2hrs for acrylics per person.

Sitting on a chair behind someone laying on a couch (you can adjust heights of beds though), where you can reach and see their face. This would be for around an hour for facials or lashes.

When i trained i had bad knee problems. My teacher wasn't supportive but it didnt hold me back. I just adjusted the few treatments that caused me issues and I've now been doing beauty for 12 years x

Standing beside a bed at hip height. Maybe try an ironing board. 30-60 mins for massage.

Latest posts

Back