Backfill Method...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
I had a courtesy call today from a well known supplier. Checking if I had a copy of their latest brochure etc. Anyway - to cut a long story short - we ended up discussing rebalancing/backfill techniques, and the amount of time it takes to file. She recommended that to save time I just cut the whole length of the tip/white down with tip slicers, put a form underneath and build a new tip from scratch. "Surely this would crack the acrylic wouldn't it" I asked - "absolutley not" she replied....has anyone else ever heard of this method for a backfill/rebalance?:eek:

Well that method doesn't really solve any problems now does it?

You cut off the tips, then you have to file the product down anyway over the regrowth area. How does this help at all? Why repply to the area of the nail which is erfectly OK?

I wish sometimes I could sit and demonstrate to everyone just how easy and quick a 'back fill' or as I prefer to call it, a French Rebalance, is to do. I have explained it several times here on the site.

As to using tip cutters to clip the free edge ... YES ... it will tend to shatter or crack the old liquid and powder application EVEN if you can't see it with the naked eye!! She needs a class with Doug Schoon!! :biggrin:

oh geeg, just tell us where and when - you know we'd be there ! lol I feel a video coming on after the book !:) mmmm or WITH the book ! lol :biggrin:

kx

geeg said:
Well that method doesn't really solve any problems now does it?

You cut off the tips, then you have to file the product down anyway over the regrowth area. How does this help at all? Why repply to the area of the nail which is erfectly OK?

I wish sometimes I could sit and demonstrate to everyone just how easy and quick a 'back fill' or as I prefer to call it, a French Rebalance, is to do. I have explained it several times here on the site.

As to using tip cutters to clip the free edge ... YES ... it will tend to shatter or crack the old liquid and powder application EVEN if you can't see it with the naked eye!! She needs a class with Doug Schoon!! :biggrin:

Sara I have never heard of this method. I guess in theory it would work but I don't know if you would have the strength. You would be adding new to old and I wouldn't think it would hold??? All in all it would be like doing a full set every rebalance and I would think the amount of work involved would be the same as if you rebalanced normaly anyways. Maybe others have an opinion on this???? Personally I would stick with what you know and trust.

There is no problem in applying new L&P to old L&P ... it bonds perfectly and is just as strong if it weren't, then rebalances would be a bit of a problem wouldn't they?? :eek:

This so called 'method' would in fact be no quicker and probably take more time to do.

It sounds pants to me and doesn't make any sense.

Latest posts

Back