Bad balayage-there have been tears

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flinny87

Reaction score
Soo since before i had my first child i had left my hair untouched

I saved to get it cut and dyed and have been waiting for such a long time and booked a reputable salon whom i had been to before and went in and asked for a Balayge. I had no consultation but showed a picture of a really natural blended balayge

They cut it too and styles it and i was happy i said i was happy ...i had been in there four hours so tbh i just wanted to get home!....

Two days later i was my hair to its natural curly state and I can't belive qhat i am seeing. Ive cried countless times

Is this what i ahould Have?

Help i have zero self confidence right now

Attachments

• IMG_9407.PNG
    IMG_9407.PNG
    957.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_9461.JPG
    IMG_9461.JPG
    757.8 KB · Views: 172
To get the first picture could take up to 2 appointments but they have not blended it with a transition colour. Did they use a toner after looks like they haven't?

To get the first picture could take up to 2 appointments but they have not blended it with a transition colour. Did they use a toner after looks like they haven't?

Thanks for your reply.

Should they of done this as they didn't discuss anything with me?

Yes i had atoner on for about 5-7 minutes

I am going to book with a different hairsresser to try get my deaired look. Do you think it can be achieved?

Thanks

I'm so sorry but that is truly awful!

It looks like a poor home colouring job and you really should go back and complain and request a refund as that is nowhere near an acceptable standard for a professional colourist. They should be ashamed to take money from you.

Not having a detailed consultation is bad enough, but let me guess, did they insist you have a skin test 48 hours beforehand? No??

Unfortunately, although balayage is very popular, it does require far more skill than a simple set of foil highlights but some hairdressers try to wing it assuming it can't be that difficult (!) and the results are disastrous.
(Most of us can bake a cake but we wouldn't assume we could produce a 3 tiered wedding cake without proper training and tons of practice)

Tie it up for now and spend time researching to find a good colourist who has experience of this technique. Check them out online for pictures they've posted of balayage work that they've actually done. Make sure the pictures aren't stock adverts but real clients. Also, a salon might only have one person who is competent so make sure you're booked in with them.

You're also going to need some deep conditioning treatments on those bleached areas.

Good luck on getting it sorted.

I'd go get a refund, but be prepared you will be in there for a long time. Balayage (especially correction) will take a longer amount of time as it's a low maintenance look it takes more skill and time to blend :)

I had someone recently come to me with a similar 'dip dye' look! :eek:
I assumed she had been at the bleach herself......she told me not, but who knows! o_O

Go for a consultation at a 'good' salon, and see how you feel....I think it can be remedied.:cool:
Some balayage will be needed to 'break' that demarcation line, and a low-light and demi should sort out the rest!

Good Luck :)

Latest posts

Back