Bad Nails - 26m

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoisesJPineda

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 26 year old male and I have really bad nails and are shorter than others from biting it and the meat around it. I'm starting a new job that deals with clients in a professional situation and as they are now, I'm always embarrased to have them seen to anyone because they just look really bad. I dont know what to take or use in hopes to make them more decent looking or if any sort of "male" store bought nails exist for me to put over my normal nails. I dont even want to go to a salon cuz theres not much that they would really have to cut off and if they do i'd most likely end up bleeding.

Please help! :(

There are no 'over the counter' products that will help you I'm afraid.

I would strongly advise you to go to a reputable salon and ask for a consultation. There is much that can be done but you will need to be seen by a technician.

By the way nobody is going to cut bits off and leave you bleeding - believe me:)

I agree with Adele - a good salon will be able to advise you and probably book you in for a series of manicures that will help your hands and nails to look better. It is unfortunately a slow process. After all, your nails didn't turn short and nibbled overnight! They just need some TLC to get them in better condition.

One question tho - *why* do you bite your nails (and surrounding tissue)? Unfortunately if you can't give up the habit you will find it difficult to maintain your nails. I think you'll need to address why you do it (habit? boredom? like the taste??!?!:eek:) as once you are able to stop yourself doing it your nails will obviously start improving!

Hope that helps!

:hug:

Yes please seek out a good technician who can apply acrylic natural extensions to your nails.
I used to practise on my husband (nail biter) when I was training, you really could not tell the difference. Unfortunately when he went to work (Engineer, Bombardier, Montreal, at that time) he could not pick up any rivets (used to hold plane together). What a laugh, obviously he could not tell his work mates so he had a problem. Imagine what they would have said if he told them he had extensions on. Had to soak them off for him but he did let me do many times when he was on holiday from work. Glad to say it did stop the nail biting. He never bites his nails now (probably scared of me wanting to do them again).
I don't do men as a rule but have done freinds husbands before they got married. But boy are they embarassed!:lol:

Latest posts

Back