Bad reactions to wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelli Samson

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to jump into a professionals thread but I'm desperate for some advice!
I've been getting a really bad reaction to eyebrow waxes.
See photos, these were waxed yesterday. I've tried not using any before/after products to eliminating products one at a time to see if they were the issue. Same problem occurs! This has only started since I had my baby 18 months ago. I e also gone to different salons & always the same.
I'm now guessing it's the wax?
Does anyone here here have any advice to stop or reduce this happening?? I'd be so grateful, hate having scabby brows! X

Attachments

• IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    902.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    892.5 KB · Views: 70
Poor you, that looks sore. Have you tried having them threaded?

i have & similar reaction but not quite as bad. Problem being the threading places near me aren't as good as getting them waxed ☹️

If you get the same reaction, it's likely to be inflamed hair follicles that are causing the redness

Great, any tips on how to reduce that? Or have I just got ridiculously sensitive hair follicles?

I'm the same. I've now given up. The itching is horrendous and it looks so bad.

Perron rigot do a hypoallergenic wax. I keep it for a very sensitive client.

You may have developed an allergy to colophonium (pine resin). All wax formulations differ but that is usually the main culprit swiftly followed by lanolin. Once an allergy develops it's very unlikely that it will stop. There are plenty of formulations that do not use these ingredients, try calling a few salons in your area or manufacturers who can recommend salons that offer services with their products.

Latest posts

Back