Bad review on FB

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie1989

Reaction score
Hi guys,

There's nothing I can really do about this situation I know but I'm really frustrated and upset this has happened.

I've only been running for a few months, doing Lash lift treatments from home. About a month ago a woman came to me for a patch test, I went through the consultation form and she informed me she has been diagnosed with dry eye syndrome. (DES is on the form to tick) I said I didn't think I could go ahead with the treatment with it being a contraindication on my training but I would go and check with my trainer.

I checked with my trainer and insurance company and they said my insurance would be invalidated if I went ahead with the treatment, so I messaged her to say I would not be able to for those reasons and also her welfare (it's got to be a contraindication for some reason right??)

Anyway she 2* my FB page this morning, I have responded to her rating and she replied back to say she was able to get it done at another salon and assumed I just didn't want to do the treatment for her or because I was inexperienced!!

I feel I have responded back professionally and politely so I am hoping people can see I am definitely not at fault here but rather I am doing things by the books.

Trying to not let this get me down as I have had nothing but praise for my services but it certainly does take a knock when you're new to all of this and haven't actually done anything wrong. Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing before?

Wow what a horrible person- who reviews when they haven’t even got the service for a valid reason!

I know, she just couldn't get it in her head the reasons why I couldn't go through with it. She just thought I couldn't be arsed with her! Really? I'm a new set up, why would I turn clients away??

Wait until she has a nasty reaction and then blames the new salon.
Some clients are total eejits. [emoji36]

Wait until she has a nasty reaction and then blames the new salon.
Some clients are total eejits. [emoji36]
She definitely seems the type to sue, I knew by her reaction when I said I couldn't go ahead with it she'd be difficult and I was glad I didn't do her regardless. Why would I risk my reputation for the sake of £25? If something went wrong I'd have no leg to stand on

I know it sucks but you did the right thing. If your insurance won't cover you you simply can' do it. If something went wrong you could lose everything. I would appreciate a therapist who won't sacrifice or cut corners to make a quick buck.

Try not to let it bother you.
I always read reviews and do research and if I read hers and then your response that would only make me think that you are professional and is more impressive than a 5* review.

Latest posts

Back