Ballerina nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiiirsty

Reaction score
Any tips to get the perfect ballerina shape? Everytime I attempt to do this shape they end up looking like stiletto nails [emoji85]

When I did them I filed as if doing a stiletto then just held the file flat until they became ballerina x

I personally think they still need to be elegant like a stiletto just the harsh point removed x

I've tried that but they never seem to be symmetrical and looks wonky at the top I guess it's just practise [emoji85][emoji23]

Thanks for replying though [emoji5]️ xx

I do the same, stiletto then I just file off the end xx

Are you using tips or sculpting? X

I Do it like this, so not first stiletto, then flatten, but first the square and then rounding up. This way you can make them look symmetrical easier:)
images

I round the side too then finish off the top straight x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442649162.296593.jpg

They look so good! Wish mine looked like that [emoji16]

I always snip the corners of the tip off and then shape the sides before trying to file the top straight.
I don't touch the top until after I have perfected the shape of the sides. Then obviously you can file the top into the shape you want and make them square as thin or thick as you want :)

They look so good! Wish mine looked like that [emoji16]
I use pro impressions advanced stiletto tips which are a lovely curved shape. I just snip the point off then gently run my file from the bottom to the tip curving it in slightly. I find these need very little shaping xx

I use pro impressions advanced stiletto tips which are a lovely curved shape. I just snip the point off then gently run my file from the bottom to the tip curving it in slightly. I find these need very little shaping xx

Ooh this sounds like a good idea!!!
Going to invest I think :)

I did a rebalance on my friend's acrylics tonight going from square to round and inbetween shaping I made the ballerina shape (by accident) [emoji87] will need more practise at it but I was so chuffed with myself haha! Thanks for everyone's replies [emoji5]️

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443077294.634133.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443077360.007316.jpg

The ballerina shape has quickly became my most popular nail shape
With my clients. I do
The same, shape as if I was doing an almond or stiletto nail by bringing in the side. And then flatten off the free edge xx

I file at a much straighter angle (think 45 degrees) than when I file an almond /stiletto nail as I didn't like that there was a slight curve on the sides.

I have found it achieves a much better shape in a quicker time.

Attachments

• 1443099799865.jpg
    1443099799865.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 160
Wow Cinderella 71 luv that color, want to share which color/brand that is
It's Cuccio Veneer in Nude-A-Tude, my all time favourite colour.

Latest posts

Back