Barbers.....info please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amore Hair

Reaction score
Hi guys,

well last week at college they decided to offer us the barbering unit of teh course at a reduced fee - from £220.00 which i couldnt aford at the start of the course on top of what i had paid, down to £30, which i couldnt aford not to take the opportunity up!!

So the tutor has given us our assignment work and im getting through it finr, but the one area im stuck on is:

What influence will Facial hair have on a cutting service?

iv looked in my text book, and on the web but im really struggling?????

all the other areas i am totally up to speed and understand completly - ie: hair teture, density, type, face shape, hair growth patterns ect, it just seems to be this one area im stuck....

any one point me in the right direction???

Iv not done barbering, but I'm guessing if it's referring to the hair on the head not te face then u have to think about where the facial hair meets the scalp hair and how to join the 2 to look good if the client likes stubble or a full beard as cutting it like you would for some1 who fully shaves wouldn't be good.
When I do men with face fuzz I usually find the length of the stubble on my graders and blend the stubble/beard into the rest so it's not a definable stop.

Hope that helps xoxo

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply,

You seem to be thinking along teh same lines a smy partner which makes comlpete sense (He's a joiner though so thought id as k you guys!!)

thanks so much for that.

My partner also wondered if it had something to do with face shapes - eg: if a guy with a rounder face came in and had a ful beard the beard would create the illusion of a more oval fave stretching it out more, i as the stylist would have to consider this a) because i wouldnt want to try to style and make the face appear to rectangular
b) i fteh client decides to remove facial hair after his apointment what would that leave teh style looking like?

Thank you again for your help. x

Hey there I'm studying a cert ed and as part of the course I have to teach in college funnily enough I'm currently teaching the barbering course ! Is this part of the assignment to produce a cutting guide for mend hair? If so the previous reply is spot on , you have to consider facial hair as you need to ensure an an even gradual blend from facial hair to head hair or whether the client will be keeping facial hair or removing , hope this helps!

Pretty Flimingo, thank you soooo much for that clarification!!

Yes tahts exactly what the assignment is, i seem to be doing fine with the rest of it it was just this one part i was stuck on.

Thanks again been a great help.

No problem give me a shout if you need any more help good luck!!

Latest posts

Back