Beauty and nails in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, iv not been on for ages!!
Anyway I'm hoping to move to Australia and just curious to what treatments are popular in oz and prices.

I don't think I will be able to work when I get there because we have a baby, I work from home so will loose all my clients and will be starting from scratch also I won't be able to work from home in rented. I plan on getting a job in a salon when my son starts school and building up my clientele and then if we buy a house I can work out of there, is this something that's done over there?
Also iv always wanted to go into teaching in 5-10 years so would love to know what is needed to do this, over here you do a two year teacher course I think it's called PTTLS!?

Any experiences of British girls going over to oz to work would be great to hear, thanks

I can't help with suppliers as I'm in the process of doing my courses next year however I currently do Tanning and I use and love Colour Me Bronze Professional.. It's only available for professional use and give beautiful tans and great customer service.. Tan prices range from about $20-$35 AUSD ..
for hair blowdrys are anywhere from $30-$60
I get half head of foils, Toner, wash, cut and blow dry for $140
For the same and a full head it's about $180
Manicure/pedicure approx $40-$70 each basic-deluxe
Nails acrilyc $50-$70
Infills $25-$45
Massage $60 for an hour
$35-$40 half hour
Lash extensions classic $80-$150
Infills $50-$100
Volume $120-$180

These are just rough prices which I have seen on r have been charged.. Proces also depends on where you live and competition around you.. In regards for training I think you need to have a minimum of Cert IV Training & Assessment which can be obtained through a number of either online or face to face training companies.. You would probably require insurance and to be registered through the government.. But probably best to jump on a few Australia beauty Facebook groups they should be able to help..
Hope this gives you a little bit of info..

Latest posts

Back