beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalieb1986

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can give me advice i am due to complete my NVQ2 Beauty Therapy in june and really want to get straight into the industry. there is virtually no beauty jobs where i live in south devon.
I have thought about mobile but i feel i dont have the confidence to do that straight out of college and was looking into renting a unit to start a business but i dont no what is involved with this.
opinions please :irked:

Thanxs xx:idea::lol:

Hi:)

where abouts are you in South Devon? I know that there are lots of salons in Torquay but most want level 3. Are you doing your course full time or evenings?

im currently finishing my course at south devon college and will be goin back in september for my level 3 however i dont want to wait till i hav completed that before i get into the industry hence why i want to possibly rent a room or open a business

I'm at the same college doing my level 3.:)

I know that there are a couple of girls on my course who have been looking for jobs locally and they keep getting told that level 3 is required.

Having said that I set up on my own after completing my level 2 and things are going well. I rent a room above a hair salon.

Have you spoken to your tutor (who have you got?) because quite often the local salon do let the college know when vacancies arise.

Lovely website Pure,I could really do with that heel softening treatment.How are u finding level 3?
xx

Thanks. :hug:

I love doing level 3. In some ways I'm finding it easier than level 2, probably because the underlying knowledge is already there. Having said that the electrical facials are a bit mind boggling but our tutor is fab and making it as easy as possible for us.

I also think that for most salon positions a level 3 is needed:|
So maybe it would be a good idea to set up yourself whilst you gain your level 3 then after qualifying completely see how you feel about things. You may find that you are doing so well on your own that you will pursue this and just add more treatments!:)
good luck:)

reply to debs

i do evenings at south devon my tutors are sally and hilary who are your tutors. how did u find out about ur place above hair salon

Hi there,
Do you have any scope for a home salon?
I started mobile but found that with young family it was hard to manage, so turned our dining room into a salon-clients love it and its ideal for time management and no fuel costs etc...
Good luck with it all!:hug:

Latest posts

Back