Beauty | Karen Betts Turns 'Good Artists Into Elite Artists' With New Initiatiave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Karen Betts is a woman with a plan. The managing director of Nouveau Beauty Group and all-round talented permanent make-up artist is launching a new education initiative that she hopes will turn 'good artists into elite artists'.

There will be two Pro-Tips Education Days hosted this year and open to any permanent make up artist. The first will take place on July 6th 2015 in Leeds and the second will be on August 3rd 2015 in London.

The programme will cover colour theory and pigments and help artists to refine their technique and deliver improved results.

Speaking of the programme, Betts says, "Back in 2013 I developed an online forum for the students that trained at my academy, where they can connect with each other, seek advice, and share images, hints and tips, seek advice, and discuss what they would like to see develop in terms of equipment and professional products. It was on here I noticed a common theme about pigment stability, lack of understanding about colour and a fear of taking on correctional work. Even some of my most competent artists were lacking confidence in these areas, so my Pro-Tips days were born."

There are 120 places available for each event and place cost from £99.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Hi how do i look at booking onto one of the events? Thanks

Latest posts

Back