Beauty Level 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance on this subject...

Can anyone tell me if a student that has completed level II could work within a salon & carry out the treatments that they have qualified in?

Is level III preferable or required to work in a salon?

Could they get insurance?

Many thanks in advance for any information x

Yes hun of course once you have completed level 2 you are qualified in doing these treatments so can get insurance and can work where ever anyone will take you.
Most salons require level 3,although I work in a spa with just level 2, and have done a separate course in A&P level 3, hopi ear candle and Indian head massage and also do spray tanning. And I am on the same money as someone that would have level 3 is on xxx

I have a fabulous therapist working with me who has just completed her level 2. She has been working sucessfully on clients since April and Is on considerably more than the minimum wage. You will get insurance, provided you have passed your course.

If you couldnt get a job or insured then surely there would be no point in there being a level 2 qualification- you would effectively be qualified to do nothing if that was the case :green:.

Many salons seem to prefere level 3 now from my experience of job hunting so far though- although there are still many looking for level 2.

A lot of the skincare companies such as decleor insist that salons only employ level 3 and will only take level 3 therapists for training.
I think it depends very much on the type of salon you want to work in.
So yes you are qualified to do the treatment covered by your level 2 but are limited until you do level 3

Thanks I required the info as I have been asked if I would be willing to take on a newly qualified young lady.

Would you employ or rent a space or % ?????? opinions please.....thx xx

Last edited:
I always employ. Been shafted too many times by sneaky devils to risk not retaining ownership of my salon clientelle. Renters are loyal only to themselves.

Yes level 2 therapists can be employed, why wouldn't they be able to theyve done the training assesments and got the qualification.

i think employers tend to go for level 3 therapists more as they have had an extra year or so in the industry and can offer more treatments

Latest posts

Back