Beauty room rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma cook

Reaction score
Hello

If anyone rents a beauty room could you tell me what you pay and your location.

Been quoted a room for £130 a week and that seems quite high to me , I don't live in a city just a small town so it's not city centre.

I pay £100 a week not city centre based although I'm only there Wednesday to Saturday too xxx

I pay £100 a week not city centre based although I'm only there Wednesday to Saturday too xxx
Thank you for your reply z

I charge £30 per day and we're in the middle of nowhere x

£600 mostly just outside Oxford

I pay 125 a week. This does not include tea coffee or cleaning. Not in main town centre x

Two of my friends rents a beauty room two days a week- one of them rents for £50 a day and the other £60. I think £130 if that's for a week (5 work days) that's £26 a day which i think is reasonable. If they used the room for themselves they probably would only need to do one or two treatments themselves to make this.

Hi saw this thread and wondered ladies if you could help me. I am about to let two rooms in my salon. Wondered what your thoughts were. I am not greedy but obviously need to cover costs. The salon is new, the rooms are 2.5 m by 4.5 m, and 5.5 m by 4.5 m. The rooms are both fitted with units (base and wall), running water, laminate floors, Bentlon beauty couches, they have a desk, two chairs (designer looking), music (new music systems blue tooth and DAB system), blinds trolley and therapist stool. Bins for rubbish and dirty towels. Couch rolls provided, anti-back hand wash provided, disposable towels, hot towel cabinet, heated mitts licence in place for skin piercing treatments as well as a disposal contract. Beverages provided (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit/herbal teas), two screens to advertise on, one main reception and one lounge, full kitchen facilities, free wifi. Gas, electric, water included. All they need to do is keep their area clean as I will clean the salon, so no cleaning costs. I have two ladies who will commit to one day a week each, and I have three who don't want to commit but want to use on an as and went basis. I have priced the rooms at £20 for the smaller one per day, and £30 for the larger room per day. The won't commits I have said that I would charge 20% of the daily take or a room rate as above which ever is the higher. I have spoken to one of them (non-commit) who seems to think that the 20% is high (she wants to do semi-permanent make-up and has no client base as does another girl who has no client base). She seems really shocked at the percentage. I know of salons who charge their people 25%. I know of one salon that charges 40%. I have said as soon as they feel confident that they then switch to the committed contract. The bylaws are changing in April and I may well have to pay again for a new licence from the Council - a cost that I will have to pay. The one thing that does come across All they actually need to do is to present themselves for work. Everything is provided. I am located upstairs above a very busy grocer in a busy high street and there is only one other proper salon in town. Photo of the large room is below. I am anxious to do the right thing.

treatment room.jpg

Hi saw this thread and wondered ladies if you could help me. I am about to let two rooms in my salon. Wondered what your thoughts were. I am not greedy but obviously need to cover costs. The salon is new, the rooms are 2.5 m by 4.5 m, and 5.5 m by 4.5 m. The rooms are both fitted with units (base and wall), running water, laminate floors, Bentlon beauty couches, they have a desk, two chairs (designer looking), music (new music systems blue tooth and DAB system), blinds trolley and therapist stool. Bins for rubbish and dirty towels. Couch rolls provided, anti-back hand wash provided, disposable towels, hot towel cabinet, heated mitts licence in place for skin piercing treatments as well as a disposal contract. Beverages provided (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit/herbal teas), two screens to advertise on, one main reception and one lounge, full kitchen facilities, free wifi. Gas, electric, water included. All they need to do is keep their area clean as I will clean the salon, so no cleaning costs. I have two ladies who will commit to one day a week each, and I have three who don't want to commit but want to use on an as and went basis. I have priced the rooms at £20 for the smaller one per day, and £30 for the larger room per day. The won't commits I have said that I would charge 20% of the daily take or a room rate as above which ever is the higher. I have spoken to one of them (non-commit) who seems to think that the 20% is high (she wants to do semi-permanent make-up and has no client base as does another girl who has no client base). She seems really shocked at the percentage. I know of salons who charge their people 25%. I know of one salon that charges 40%. I have said as soon as they feel confident that they then switch to the committed contract. The bylaws are changing in April and I may well have to pay again for a new licence from the Council - a cost that I will have to pay. The one thing that does come across All they actually need to do is to present themselves for work. Everything is provided. I am located upstairs above a very busy grocer in a busy high street and there is only one other proper salon in town. Photo of the large room is below. I am anxious to do the right thing.

View attachment 203495
Wow! Your room looks really nice and big and you are basically offering everything to them on a plate! I would say that your rent and percentage seem low for what you are offering and the high spec of salon you have set up. These people that won't commit and want you to do it all for them while they sit around complaining that they aren't busy enough drive me crazy… sorry, that turned into a rant… 20% is not high at all. If you are providing all the costs then I would say 40% or even 50% is ok. If they will provide their own stock and take responsibility for their own advertising and licences etc etc then maybe 20% or 30%. You will need some kind of commitment from them though because I panicked when I opened and just needed people in the chairs and basically just let them run circles around me and now its hard to change.

Hello

If anyone rents a beauty room could you tell me what you pay and your location.

Been quoted a room for £130 a week and that seems quite high to me , I don't live in a city just a small town so it's not city centre.

I think this sounds fair for a 5 day week. Its the salon costs that you're helping to cover too, so water, electricity etc etc that you are using.

Wow! Your room looks really nice and big and you are basically offering everything to them on a plate! I would say that your rent and percentage seem low for what you are offering and the high spec of salon you have set up. These people that won't commit and want you to do it all for them while they sit around complaining that they aren't busy enough drive me crazy… sorry, that turned into a rant… 20% is not high at all. If you are providing all the costs then I would say 40% or even 50% is ok. If they will provide their own stock and take responsibility for their own advertising and licences etc etc then maybe 20% or 30%. You will need some kind of commitment from them though because I panicked when I opened and just needed people in the chairs and basically just let them run circles around me and now its hard to change.
Thanks Ruby. One lady who wants to do massage only will only have her towels and oils (so very little), the semi-permanent ladies have their machine and pigments, so none of them have a massage stock. I will sell them but have all the licences in place already until the bylaws change in April and I will pay the cost of any change as it is my premises. I have just done a little research and checked prices for the semi-permanent make-up and it is not a cheap treatment. I did suggest to one of them that they should do some research and see what is out there to rent so that they have a bench mark to compare against. I know rooms locally go for £40.00 per day an people pay it.

Thanks Ruby. One lady who wants to do massage only will only have her towels and oils (so very little), the semi-permanent ladies have their machine and pigments, so none of them have a massage stock. I will sell them but have all the licences in place already until the bylaws change in April and I will pay the cost of any change as it is my premises. I have just done a little research and checked prices for the semi-permanent make-up and it is not a cheap treatment. I did suggest to one of them that they should do some research and see what is out there to rent so that they have a bench mark to compare against. I know rooms locally go for £40.00 per day an people pay it.
I would rent your room in a heartbeat if I was in your area!

Latest posts

Back