Beauty Rooms in hotels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I have a quick question, does anyone have any experience of beauty rooms in hotels? Do they do good business?

As long as you get the right hotel :) i used to be a Sales and Revenue Manager for a hotel and before we launched our own spa we rented a room to an external therapist. She did ok but in my opinion didn't promote herself enough to hotel guest

You can work it really well and have your own external clients as well as ensuring you are visible to guest as they check in

What sort of guests stay at the hotel you are looking at? Are they corporate or leisure? You may need to market to them differently

www.gwbeautyessentials.co.uk

I do im really busy!
Im in the leisure club part of the hotel so the gym members are great as they are more regular.
I havent had to do a massive amount of promotion as ive been lucky enough to be busy but i would say that if it is hotel business only ud have to do ALOT of promotion to make ur living and work alongside the reservations staff etc otherwise the guests dont know youre there.
I get alot of guests calling me on the day wanting loads of treatments, im always booked in advance so i never really can accomodate the last minute bookings, but in my guess if i wasnt busy id get by on the hotel guests.

Would recommend getting a massive banner in the hotel entrance to promote urself, getting the reservations staff to mention u to everyone who books & enquires (it makes the hotel look good & appealing to have a beauty spa facility, ur doing them a favour too!), get ur details on their website, you can do some sort of package with the hotel (ie 2 nights with a treatment wort x amount) you could also do hen parties to include treatments and an overnight stay, and also with the staff some sort of incentive the more business they get u they could have a free treatment or product or something, maybe do it like a competition.

I planned to do all these things but havent needed to luckily, hth xx

I have a quick question, does anyone have any experience of beauty rooms in hotels? Do they do good business?

Latest posts

Back