Beauty Therapist sharing clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and met with manager today at the salon

He wants to meet my husband and check he is happy with our arrangement.

Leely x

This is the biggest red flag!

What on earth has your husband got to do with it!?!?

Is this a cultural thing? I'm confused.

Do I attend my husband's annual work appraisals so the boss can ensure I'm happy with the pay rise he is offered?

This sounds more bizarre by the minute. GET OUT NOW!!!

What on earth has your husband got to do with it!?!?

Is this a cultural thing? I'm confused.

Do I attend my husband's annual work appraisals so the boss can ensure I'm happy with the pay rise he is offered?

This sounds more bizarre by the minute. GET OUT NOW!!!

Leely, this is sounding like something you might end up regretting....
having read your last posts i know you had a hard time with the last shop you worked in and i would hate for you to jump from the frying pan straight into the fire!!!

As a salon owner, this sounds just plain weird. I would never have the grey are of employed and self employed and I would never, ever consider inviting in a therapists husband to check he was happy. I'm just stumped as to why you would.

If you are struggling to find somewhere, and this place looks like a possible, and if you have the benefit of an existing client base, I would be a little more demanding in what you actually want. Good on you for not succumbing to washing hair - I know it is hard to say no. Stick to your guns, and good luck x

What do you mean? x

Leely x
I think subsequent posters have made the point; why involve your husband? This may speak volumes about attitudes to women in business. Be careful x

Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. Can't believe that in this day and age the manager wants to speak to your husband, goodness!

I think you need to look out for a better deal, I think if you do start here, it would be just the beginning of your problems. You are worth more than this.

He wanted my husband to go in, so they could talk through the work my husband was going to do there. My husband is a carpenter. x

Leely x

Ah. That's different.......but the other 20% nonsense has to be knocked on the head. It's totally unworkable.

Went and met with manager today at the salon and met other members if staff. All seemed lovely.

He wants to meet my husband and check he is happy with our arrangement.

Leely x

Ok so now I'm even more confused-

That's not what was said earlier? You said to check he's happy with our arrangement?!

Sorry to be a bit anal but it all sounds very dodgy but as long as you are comfortable and are sure you can put your foot down with the other aspects then good luck to you!

As well as talk through "our business deal"
But I'm now re-thinking it all. Seems I'm not having much luck with working :(

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and give me your honest views and opinions :) x

Leely x

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and give me your honest views and opinions :) x

Leely x

Just try and hold out for something that suits your needs better. Those stylists were cheeky asking you if you would shampoo for them. If they are asking this from the start, then who knows what else they may "ask" of you.
I don't know your history, is there any way of going mobile to get started?

Leely x

Right, well your business deal should be kept separate then. He can discuss that with you. He doesn't need to consult with the husband about that!

I may be wrong but it sounds to me like you already know what we are all telling you but you want to take the room anyway so you are trying to convince yourself as much as anyone else that the glaring issues aren't so bad or can be overlooked. Follow your gut and recognise that u Don't need to rush into taking this place if it's not right, there are plenty of other rooms to rent out there which will be better for you!

Right, well your business deal should be kept separate then. He can discuss that with you. He doesn't need to consult with the husband about that!

I may be wrong but it sounds to me like you already know what we are all telling you but you want to take the room anyway so you are trying to convince yourself as much as anyone else that the glaring issues aren't so bad or can be overlooked. Follow your gut and recognise that u Don't need to rush into taking this place if it's not right, there are plenty of other rooms to rent out there which will be better for you!

Quite the opposite, I am now thinking of not taking it. I needed someone else to look at this whole business deal and see their view.
I think I was dead set on taking this room after having been let down so much in the past with previous rooms. Was holding onto the hope this was the one.
Rather gutted as all I want is to offer beauty treatment's and work from a salon and be part of a team.
I'm now thinking of not doing beauty altogether. I've tried so hard and have had false hope / promises made and people let me down. My husband has said the same as what you have and thinks if it takes me a year to find a room to work from that I am happy with then I need to keep looking.
Think I'll take a break from it all and then decide.

Totally agree that he does not need to bring my husband in on the beauty room, and vice versa I don't need to know about the wood work and painting he wants my husband to do.

Thank you Hazeleyes :) x

Leely x

Quite the opposite, I am now thinking of not taking it. I needed someone else to look at this whole business deal and see their view.
I think I was dead set on taking this room after having been let down so much in the past with previous rooms. Was holding onto the hope this was the one.
Rather gutted as all I want is to offer beauty treatment's and work from a salon and be part of a team.
I'm now thinking of not doing beauty altogether. I've tried so hard and have had false hope / promises made and people let me down. My husband has said the same as what you have and thinks if it takes me a year to find a room to work from that I am happy with then I need to keep looking.
Think I'll take a break from it all and then decide.

Totally agree that he does not need to bring my husband in on the beauty room, and vice versa I don't need to know about the wood work and painting he wants my husband to do.

Thank you Hazeleyes :) x

Leely x

Right I see,
Well I know how you feel, as this industry does seem to have so many chancers... Salon owners it seems are in it for themselves essentially!
I've been made promises let down a lot in my search too.

Have you considered being employed somewhere or is it self employed you want?

I agree that if it takes you a year but you are secure and happy then give it a break then keep looking. Do u live in a big city or town with lots of opportunity?

Best of luck

Xxx

Right I see,
Well I know how you feel, as this industry does seem to have so many chancers... Salon owners it seems are in it for themselves essentially!
I've been made promises let down a lot in my search too.

Have you considered being employed somewhere or is it self employed you want?

I agree that if it takes you a year but you are secure and happy then give it a break then keep looking. Do u live in a big city or town with lots of opportunity?

Best of luck

Xxx

I would take employed or self employed.

I live in a very big city - Oxford. There are so many hairdressers / beauty salons, and plenty of NSS.

I seem to have come across people who want you to be self employed and still want to tell you what to do.

I have done mobile work in the past, and felt so alone hence the reason I want to work in a salon. I am no longer able to have a beauty room at home, as I private rent a property and the owner has changed their mind. x

Leely x

I would take employed or self employed.

I live in a very big city - Oxford. There are so many hairdressers / beauty salons, and plenty of NSS.

I seem to have come across people who want you to be self employed and still want to tell you what to do.

I have done mobile work in the past, and felt so alone hence the reason I want to work in a salon. I am no longer able to have a beauty room at home, as I private rent a property and the owner has changed their mind. x

Leely x

Yeah I'm sort of in the same situation my house isn't suitable as it's open plan type thing and I've got the kids! I want to rent somewhere now but it has to be the right place for me as I've seen loads of places that want me to do acrylic sets for £10 but still give them 50% commission!!!!

Yeah I'm sort of in the same situation my house isn't suitable as it's open plan type thing and I've got the kids! I want to rent somewhere now but it has to be the right place for me as I've seen loads of places that want me to do acrylic sets for £10 but still give them 50% commission!!!!

I have a spare room that I was using. Now it's just a junk room till my son is old enough to move in there.

Fingers crossed for the both of us x

Leely x

Latest posts

Back