Beauty therapy distance learning course.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am planning to change careers and I want to become a beauty therapist and nail technicion I am going to do Bio sculpture nail course and as many short course as I can to really get as much training as I can, I just wanted to know what you think about distance learning courses I have seen a few that are from reputable companies and are ncfe and habia approved, would you employ someone who trained in this way?
Or do you think it would be best to train in a college or acadamy?
I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place I was unsure as to were this type of thread should go.

Thank you in advance for any info I really appriciate it, Hannah x :Grope:

i trained this way i went with dca & stonebridge ive done beauty therapy course, nail technician course & gel & nail art! im a member of babtac and my insurance is with axa but you still need to do some pratical work in a salon otherwise you wont get insured, i decided to go mobile, but not im thinking hostlic treatments too........

Thank you for your info sorry to sound silly, what is DCA I am assuming its a distance learning provider but I am having trouble locating it.
Thank you :)

In order to get insurance, your course will need to have a practical assessment.

I can't speak for other insurance companies, but the Guild insist that the practical element is done as part of the course, and not at any salon.

hannah its darney career acadamy ( dca) its ncfe accredited, i was lucky my local salon let me do my practical experience, but my nail tech course & nail art with stonebridge college they were alot nicer to work with dca were not easy going, they were abrupt and harsh, stonebridge do a beauty therapy course

I've done practical courses and also doing levels 1, 2 & 3 in Beauty therapy with UK open college. This way I can learn more about the theory side of the industry, being a mature, very mature student, I decided this way would be better for me. I have learned so much this way.

I did all my training at a local colleges, some were part time evening courses and some were intensive short courses.
I found for me this was the best way as there was always an evening/day set aside, and the practical experience you get is essential for building confidence. There was also time limits set for handing in assignments, which is a great motivator.
Also I prefer being face to face with tutors rather than over the phone or online.
I've got to admit that the thought of going back to college at 39 terrified me at the time but I'm so glad I did it.

I did try one distance learning course but never finished it. It was one where you could take as long as you like to complete assignments so found I just wasn't motivated enough.

I really enjoyed going to college and have made lots of new friends, both students and tutors.
At the end of the day its whatever works best for you.

Enjoy whichever route you choose.

was this based in london? i am starting mine in the summer as i have to do part time. its five two day modules then the rest is done from home until the assessment days. has anyone done this?

Latest posts

Back