Beauty Therapy Management-Home Course-NCFE qualification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren_uk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a question about doing Beauty Therapy Management course and wondered if anyone could help me.

I am currently Beauty Therapy trained in NVQ Level 2 and 3. I have been working qualified for about 5 years now and I have worked on the cruise ships and also Ragdale Hall in Leicestershire.

I wanted to do a management course and my local college is doing Spa Management Course (FdA) which obviously is amazing but I can not go back to college as I have a full time job now working 42 hours a week which is an amazing opportunity to loose and I love it there.

So I started to look online for home learning courses because I want to learn how to do it but also have a new challenge.

So after all that information this is my question....

The home learning courses are qualified by NCFE, is that even recongised by employers or businesses?
Has anyone else done this?
Is it all a scam? Or do they just want money?
Any other help would be much appreciated

Thanks x

NCFE (Northern College Further Education), is a relatively new qualification, so isn't as commonly recognised as an NVQ, however some places recognise it as similar to an A Level.

It's an ok qualification when it comes to theory/paperwork based qualifications, but is a bit useless when it comes to practical stuff as how to perform a treatment, as no one can assess your practical work when your doing a home course.

If its just to add knowledge then everything looks good on your cv, but if your looking for a course that requires practical info, I'd steer clear.

I have looked at this.

It's not a beauty therapy course, it's a management course. There's no practice to learn not in the way of waxing, facials etc.

I am still considering doing this course.

I already own my salon, but I think it will be a useful course.

Check that it is recognised as a qualification and that its not just a certificate of attendance. Find out if its recognised on the nqf...national qualifications framework...if so it will be a set level (for eg, level 3 qualifications are equal to a levels).

I dont know if this is relevant but nfce dont offer recognised qualifications in levels 2 and 3 beauty therapy.

Edit...slight sidetrack but how did you find ragdale? I would love to work there even though itll be a bit of a drive there.

Just bumping this as I have been looking into doing something like this and wondered if anyone had anymore info about it?

You need to check if its just a certificate of achievement to say you have reached the equivalent level. If so its not an award and thus not a UK recognised qualification. However if you do not want to get a job with it its ok, and if you did maybe the employer may count it as evidence of your knowledge. But many of these distance learning courses are equivalent to ncfe level 3/4 etc but you dont actually receive an ncfe qualification.

Latest posts

Back