Beauty therapy training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahMS

Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently a nurse and I'm DESPERATE to find a new career. After a lot of searching, I feel the beauty industry is for me.

I am completing a gel polish and manicure course with an independent provider but I'm after some advice as to how to go about my training. Is an NVQ essential or could I train a bit at a time in certain areas with different providers.

So confused!

If you want to be employed and increase your opportunities in genera, an nvq is the best option. With private trainers you can do separate units from the nvq one at a time. Equally though you can do the whole thing. Most private trainers use the vtct awarding body so it's worth recognising this in a google search. Eg, "level 2 beauty [your location]"

If you want to be employed and increase your opportunities in genera, an nvq is the best option. With private trainers you can do separate units from the nvq one at a time. Equally though you can do the whole thing. Most private trainers use the vtct awarding body so it's worth recognising this in a google search. Eg, "level 2 beauty [your location]"
Thanks Laura. I've been looking into this. My local college does city and guilds but only offer as a full time day course. This is a no go due to work commitments. The Beauty Academy offer a vtct level 2 and 3 on a flexible basis. Don't know if anyone has any thoughts on this or the company in general?

Thanks Laura. I've been looking into this. My local college does city and guilds but only offer as a full time day course. This is a no go due to work commitments. The Beauty Academy offer a vtct level 2 and 3 on a flexible basis. Don't know if anyone has any thoughts on this or the company in general?

I'm not a fan of the beauty academy. They have good reviews and I'm impressed with the structure of their courses but they seem a bit greedy when it comes to payment. For example, they say you must pay to complete the whole course with them even if you have already fully qualified in other units elsewhere. I've never had any other training provider be so inflexible in this regard so I wouldn't recommend them on that basis.

I'll do a quick Google search for you...

I've not used any of these places but definitely shop around to find somewhere that works for you

http://vocationaltrainingacademy.com/

If you can travel to your nearest white rose college (Derby?), I found the one in Manchester to be excellent.

Check all nearby colleges for part time evening courses...Skegness, Boston etc.

I've not used any of these places but definitely shop around to find somewhere that works for you

http://vocationaltrainingacademy.com/

If you can travel to your nearest white rose college (Derby?), I found the one in Manchester to be excellent.

Check all nearby colleges for part time evening courses...Skegness, Boston etc.
Thank you. I will check them out x

Latest posts

Back