Becoming a lecturer - help and advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katex16

Reaction score
I've worked in a salon for nearly three years now, I love my clients and I love the people I work with but I want to further my career within the beauty sector.

I look after and help our apprentice and have taken a shine to showing/teaching and helping people learn.

What's next? I've googled it but nothing's really very clear on Google.
Can I do this part time along my salon job while I train?
Where can I train?
Is it costly?

Thankyou!!!

I did both my PTLLS and my CTLLS teaching qualifications around my full time work. I did them at my local college one evening a week. These have enabled me to teach beauty, nails and brow definition courses at a local Beauty Academy. I know that the teaching qual's have changed yet again though since I did mine, so if I was you, I would just google your local colleges to find out what qual's they're offering xx

I got offered a beauty training position £16000k a year full time and no help with mileage etc, I turned it down because I thought the money was to low, I regret it now though. How much should it be?

I got offered a beauty training position £16000k a year full time and no help with mileage etc, I turned it down because I thought the money was to low, I regret it now though. How much should it be?

I wouldn't regret it. No one trains to earn minimum wage.

You need to first get your PTTLS you can do this as a night course at your local college this cost me around £1000 you then need to do your CERT ED this takes 2 years part time this cost £3750 per year you may be able to get student finance for this and then you need to do your taqa which is ur assessors award I can't remember the cost which is what I am doing now it's a lot of hard work the cert ed lots of voluntary hours observations and course work lots of books to read worth it in the end :) hope this helps I know there is other routes but this is the one I have taken and This is what the college wanted me to do, you can email me if you like

Latest posts

Back