Becoming a trainer/teacher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice from anyone who has gone on to become a trainer/teacher. My area would be in sports massage and I have been asked to do it by small training centre. Any input on work load, hours , how you found/find it and rough idea of pay would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Hello,
If you would like to teach diploma courses such as a 5 day massage course I would recommend studying for a Level 3 Education and Training award.
If the courses are NVQ/VTCT/City and Guilds courses, it is also recommended to study an equivalent to an A1 Assessor Course to be able to assess students.
It took me around 4 months to complete both of the courses. Hours and pay are dependant on the training centre and you need to take into account it could be less if they are paying for your teaching courses or more if you are paying for them yourself. As an employed tutor I would expect to be paid £10-£25ph dependant on area etc :)

Hello,
If you would like to teach diploma courses such as a 5 day massage course I would recommend studying for a Level 3 Education and Training award.
If the courses are NVQ/VTCT/City and Guilds courses, it is also recommended to study an equivalent to an A1 Assessor Course to be able to assess students.
It took me around 4 months to complete both of the courses. Hours and pay are dependant on the training centre and you need to take into account it could be less if they are paying for your teaching courses or more if you are paying for them yourself. As an employed tutor I would expect to be paid £10-£25ph dependant on area etc :)
Great Thank you!

Latest posts

Back