Becoming a training centre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Im really interested in turning a part of my salon into a training centre but do not know where to start.

I have contacted a few centres ( not in my area) to ask their adice but they dont seam to be very forthcoming with advice or help.
I contacted VTCT and they directed me to their website but it all seams so so complicated.

I understand i will need to employe tutors, however will i be responsible for putting together training packs? How do i find a IV & EV??

Would training packs for students be supplied by the qualification company or is it up to you to design a training pack and you decide in which order you train students? would you expect the tutor to do this for you??

If anyone can share some advice i would be very gratefull

:rolleyes:

ive been thinking about this also so and have not been able to get much info

Hi Why dont you get in touch with the LSC (learning and skills council) I used to work as a nvq assesor and that company was their provider.

Hth

Cassi

Hi, it is indeed complicated , but there is the private route you can take
which is a little less complicated , but still quite in depth though,

or there is the Nvq route ,
you only need Nvq Assesors if you are going for the Nvq route
If so it may be within your own interests to get a trainer in who posesses their NVQ assesors awards, but as this takes many years of training and experience within the related industry and they do not come cheap ,

so it may be a better idea to train up yourself up for NVQ training and assessing standards

which ever training route you choose , you will need to be well qualified in the areas that you are wanting to train in , I think its around five to seven years salon experience or more
Habia will point you in the right direction NVQ wise ,

and for private training you could ask advice from Batac or the Guild on here :)
I have only just lightly skimmed the surface of the subject ,
but you are right it is really an in depth subject,
which takes many years of hard work training skills experience and commitment :hug: x

i got some information from habia you may find interesting they can approve your course and assess it etc so you dont need an assessor.
they provide you with some materials and certificates and list your course on their site etc.
so depending on what you wont to do you may find it helpful

https://www.habia.org/index.php?action=contactus

Latest posts

Back