Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wah aye lass sounds Sounds like the "united colours of Benetton" advert your salon!

Ha ha ha... now that made me chuckle. ..and no I don't think it's racist, derogatory or offensive. ... but lots will!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

How interesting is this thread.

People are judged by their accent and people mimic me all the time and I laugh.........because they usually make me sound like Dick Van Dyke the chimney sweep out of Mary Poppins. I could take offence because if I mimicked an India accent that would be seen as racist.

When I was younger, I used to worry that people would think that I was thick because of my Cockney accent. However, having met many people in the industry who speak the Queen's English yet have appalling manners and the personality of a fish, I realise that I could run rings around them in business and that speaking with a plum in ones mouth doesn't maketh a lady. I'm a great mimic and can speak very well if I choose to (and sometimes I do) and I copy regional accents really well, but I rather like being me.

As an aside........being on all fours with no drawers on is a great leveller, so whether they be prince's or paupers........they're all the same to me and they wouldn't dare speak down to me.

Last edited:

People are judged by their accent and people mimic me all the time and I laugh.........because they usually make me sound like Dick Van Dyke the chimney sweep out of Mary Poppins. I could take offence because if I was Indian and I mimicked their accent, that would be seen as racist.

When I was younger, I used to worry that people would think that I was thick because of my Cockney accent. However, having met many people in the industry who speak the Queen's English yet have appalling manners and the personality of a fish, I realise that I could run rings around them in business and that speaking with a plum in ones mouth doesn't maketh a lady. I'm a great miimic and can speak very well if I choose to (and sometimes I do) and I copy regional accents really well, but I rather like being me.

As an aside........being on all fours with no drawers on is a great leveller, so whether they be prince's or paupers........they're all the same to me and they wouldn't dare speak down to me.

You are very well known and respected in your industry though Kim. I was in a course in Borehamwood this week and one of the ladies said. .." I'm attending a Kim Lawless waxing course soon" ...

Last edited:
Kim I love your accent after seeing you on a you tube video I read your posts abd can almost hear you say it lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks hon - it's great to know my market stall mentality can carry across different languages and nations. I'm off to Liverpool this afternoon. Wish I was going to see some of the lovely welcoming sounding girls on here!

Dont forget to wear suitable attire........rollers and pjamas an all that jazz :p x

You are very well known and respected in your industry though Kim. I was in a course in Borehamwood this week and one of the ladies said. .." I'm attending a Kim Lawless waxing course soon" ...

Thank you sweedart! :Love: x

But she wasn't always!

Dont forget to wear suitable attire........rollers and pjamas an all that jazz :p x

Ta girl, can't wait - should be sound!!! (etc etc)
Mind you, we're also going to Formby so do I have to do the posh voice???

Thank you sweedart! :Love: x

That's okay (ewwww dare I say it...... ((shudder)) hun!.....bleuggghhhh... ha ha

Surely that goes without saying!

It does, but I'm guessing Kim has always talked how she talks.
You said 'you're well respected in your industry though Kim'.

I think you may be missing my point. Hey ho!!!

It does, but I'm guessing Kim has always talked how she talks.
You said 'you're well respected in your industry though Kim'.

I think you may be missing my point. Hey ho!!!

Oh yes aplogies. I understand now. Of course Kim may speak how she does and be an excellent therapist and clients from far and wide travel to visit her. ... probably this remains the same throughout the industry.

I wonder how many Geeks reading this thread find it - in the main- highly amusing. There are 3 types of humour here; intended, intended but disguised as unintended, and unintended.

I can see the wry grins on Geeky faces through my computer screen :wink2:

I wonder how many Geeks reading this thread find it - in the main- highly amusing. There are 3 types of humour here; intended, intended but disguised as unintended, and unintended.

Amusing? My own thread is keeping me overly entertained and laughing constantly. . So much so my paperwork has fallen behind terribly. ..! I love humour ...

People are judged by their accent and people mimic me all the time and I laugh.........because they usually make me sound like Dick Van Dyke the chimney sweep out of Mary Poppins. I could take offence because if I mimicked an India accent that would be seen as racist.

When I was younger, I used to worry that people would think that I was thick because of my Cockney accent. However, having met many people in the industry who speak the Queen's English yet have appalling manners and the personality of a fish, I realise that I could run rings around them in business and that speaking with a plum in ones mouth doesn't maketh a lady. I'm a great mimic and can speak very well if I choose to (and sometimes I do) and I copy regional accents really well, but I rather like being me.

Oh and Kim love..I'm deeply offended by your comments ......some of my friends are fish!

I have to admit that I am now finding this thread quite entertaining but I would rather have Geeks laughing with me and not at me!

I have to admit that I am now finding this thread quite entertaining but I would rather have Geeks laughing with me and not at me!

No one is laughing at you. It's just your sensitivity if you feel like that. :)

No one is laughing at you. It's just your sensitivity if you feel like that. :)

Think this reply falls into Dandelionpoppy's 3 types of humour and this being "intended but disguised as unintended"

Latest posts

Back