Becoming pregnant & being a mobile therapist, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello :)

Am after some advice on what other mobile beauty & massage therapist's have done when they have found out they are pregnant.

Me & my husband are going to start trying for a baby in the summer. My only worry is that in the early stages of pregnancy I wouldn't want to tell all my clients I was pregnant, in case anything went wrong. But how could I get around not telling them?

My massage couch is fairly heavy, and I don't think I would be able to get it in and out the car while pregnant without risking the baby.

I could ask my clients to help me with my couch but would have to come up with a reason I couldn't carry the bed?

How has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks in advance

x

I can't see why you wouldnt be able to carry the couch safely, especially in the first few months. I found with my fisrt I worried about all sorts but by the time you have a second you throw baby/toddler on hip over the bump whilst juggling the pram lol. I'm sure you will be fine x Its only later in pregancy if you have complications that you can't lift but most pregancies are fine and by then your clients will know x

You can buy a massage bed trolley, I'm not sure how good they are. I had the same problem when I was pregnant, I remember telling a client I had hurt my back so couldn't bring my bed to avoid doing a massage! X

Latest posts

Back