Been refused a Salon Services student trade card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyrocket123

Reaction score
I am booked on a Sweet Squared beginners Shellac course so applied for a SS student trade card.
Sent a copy of my acceptance letter and this morning got an email back to say:
Thank you for your application for a Salon Services Trade Card. Unfortunately you have not provided the correct documentation in order for us to process your application.

Unfortunately we would not issue a student trade card for a 2 day course.

Upon successful completion of your course you will be eligbile for a Professional Trade Card.

We issue Trade Cards to Students studying for a recognised Hair or Beauty qualification with proof of the following:

** You have a valid college card AND

** You have a course receipt OR enrolment letter.

I was under the impression that S2 training was regarded very highly in the trade so why don't Salon Services recognise it?

I am booked on a Sweet Squared beginners Shellac course so applied for a SS student trade card.
Sent a copy of my acceptance letter and this morning got an email back to say:
Thank you for your application for a Salon Services Trade Card. Unfortunately you have not provided the correct documentation in order for us to process your application.

Unfortunately we would not issue a student trade card for a 2 day course.

Upon successful completion of your course you will be eligbile for a Professional Trade Card.

We issue Trade Cards to Students studying for a recognised Hair or Beauty qualification with proof of the following:

** You have a valid college card AND

** You have a course receipt OR enrolment letter.

I was under the impression that S2 training was regarded very highly in the trade so why don't Salon Services recognise it?

Sounds like they only issue student cards for college courses, which run longer than individual courses.

Once you complete your beginners course you can apply for a full trade card though.

I see their point. Salon services don't sell CND shellac so why would you need a trade card with them. If you only have the shellac qualification then you would be buying through sweet squared anyway as they are the uk distributor of CND products
Hope that helps xx

Sounds like they only issue student cards for college courses, which run longer than individual courses.

Once you complete your beginners course you can apply for a full trade card though.
hey do you know how much off do you get with a trade card. I can get a NUS card and its 15% off everything but wanted to know how much is it off a trade card to get the best one. xx

hey do you know how much off do you get with a trade card. I can get a NUS card and its 15% off everything but wanted to know how much is it off a trade card to get the best one. xx
Hi, you don't get anything off. They just allow you to purchase. I've only done short courses and got a card but I did them with Salon Services

You don’t get a discount you can just buy trade products at trade prices

I imagine they'd give a trade card to someone who did one of their one day courses though...! :rolleyes:

They don’t give a student card to people who aren’t doing college classes, as it has to be over a 6month course, you will still get your trade card when your finished with your course then they will only need the certificate. You don’t get discount either you get trade discount off trade products if you buy the stuff on sale to general public there is no discount good luck on your course

You aren't going to be a student for very long on a two day course so I would imagine that's why. You would need a non-student one as soon as you have completed your course?

Sallys are weird in terms of who they give cards to. It seems very inconsistent. Years ago they thought I was making it up when I asked if they would accept my nvq2 certificate as proof. Proper weird.

Sallys are weird in terms of who they give cards to. It seems very inconsistent. Years ago they thought I was making it up when I asked if they would accept my nvq2 certificate as proof. Proper weird.

I recently had to give my insurance details to sign up online - or you could have send NVQ

When you’ve done your beginners course they’ll give you a card. It’s worth waiting for their VAT free days and stocking up then x

Latest posts

Back