Begging letter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks

I got a begging letter email last night from a lady wanting me to 'donate my time and serivces' to her mum as she was 'ill' and that she already forked out for a veune and food for her stepdads birthday so wanted free services for her mum to 'make her feel better'.

The email was A4 assey of what my partner and I could only discribe as emotional blackmail and left both of us very uncomfortable and upset.

I Also have the medical condition (it is not life threatening or terminal) the woman was refering to in the email and I would never dream of asking for free services on the back of having it and felt the woman was being cheeky and rude.

I have not replied to the email and have no intention to do so.

I support local charites and donate vouchers for service to charity fundrasiers so I'm by no way mean with my time.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so didi you just not reply or did you reply to them?

many thanks

Lady M

Last edited:
You poor thing. I find this sort of thing makes me extremely uncomfortable. I would do exactly as you have done. I think we make our choices of the charities we support, and realistically we can't help everyone.

Occasionally I have given a voucher to a client because her mum is poorly, or I will offer a really stressed client a complimentary massage as I can see things are getting on top of them, but this is foisted upon you and that's not fair!

I would delete, and not give it another thought I'm afraid!

Vicki x

I agree ignore and delete!
How dare they!

Don't give it a second thought, infact ill draft a begging letter to my bank manager as I've spent all my money on fags and beer but need more so I can go on holiday!
I mean really! What are the public becoming!

I'd be inclined to reply to her and say what you've just told us - that you in fact have the same condition and therefore no freebies! She would probably choke :p

When I had my salon on a main road I got a lady who came in asking me if I could donate anything for this event they where having, I was in the middle of a hair fitting, I said I am sorry I haven't got time to listen right now I am busy she states it would only take a minute then have me the spiel of this event if a child who was ill. I said I'm sorry I don't want to donate anything at this present time she said all the businesses along here have given something, I said well perhaps they wanted to I don't and would like you to leave as you can see I am busy. She turned round and said I was a tight bitch and left.
Never thought anything else about it

Hi fellow geeks

I got a begging letter email last night from a lady wanting me to 'donate my time and serivces' to her mum as she was 'ill' and that she already forked out for a veune and food for her stepdads birthday so wanted free services for her mum to 'make her feel better'.

The email was A4 assey of what my partner and I could only discribe as emotional blackmail and left both of us very uncomfortable and upset.

I Also have the medical condition (it is not life threatening or terminal) the woman was refering to in the email and I would never dream of asking for free services on the back of having it and felt the woman was being cheeky and rude.

I have not replied to the email and have no intention to do so.

I support local charites and donate vouchers for service to charity fundrasiers so I'm by no way mean with my time.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so didi you just not reply or did you reply to them?

many thanks

Lady M

On the assumption that it's genuine, it stinks of a sense of entitlement to be honest. Imagine if everyone wrote begging letters to companies asking for non essential things to be given to them for free!

Don't reply and think no more of it because initially i would be so offended to receive a letter like this.

I feel for you 😟 I have same problem with someone asking me to do kids nails for the brownies - I've had to say sorry but with petrol and products I would be out of pocket and in the current climate I am not in a position to offer free treatments for charity or otherwise kinds regards !

Laura 🐶 x

Thank you for your replies :)

It just shocks me how entitled and crass some people are.

I know is shouldn't be offended, but i am.

Makeup and hair is not a necessity and emotionally bullying someone into giving service for free is wrong on so many levels especially when they use an illness to try and get what they want.

I would would be mortified if one of my family members used my illness to get free treatments, then again my family are decent people and wouldn't dream of doing it anyway!

I agree ignore and delete!
How dare they!

Don't give it a second thought, infact ill draft a begging letter to my bank manager as I've spent all my money on fags and beer but need more so I can go on holiday!
I mean really! What are the public becoming!

Ha ha ha that made me laugh.....alternatively maybe write back to the author of the letter with ....."Chin up" on it....Don't some people deserve the same stupid comments in return......(I know not very professional to do so..but it would make me laugh.)

Ha ha ha that made me laugh.....alternatively maybe write back to the author of the letter with ....."Chin up" on it....Don't some people deserve the same stupid comments in return......(I know not very professional to do so..but it would make me laugh.)

Lolol,
Go for it!
dear .....
Thank you for your begging email. Can you send me proof of your income and expenditure please, and of course the the condition you wish a free treatment for, proof that this will become terminal.

I also need to know what car you drive, what assets you have that could be sold to pay for a treatment. I also need details of spending excessively, I.e smoking, drinking alcohol and having the central heating on when the house is empty. I also need your height, weight, age and waist circumference so that your BMI can be calculated in an effort to ascertain that you are not eating excessively, as this money could be used to fund treatments.

On receipt of the above I will make my decision and let you know if you qualify for a free treatment from myself.

How's that sound???

Lolol,
Go for it!
dear .....
Thank you for your begging email. Can you send me proof of your income and expenditure please, and of course the the condition you wish a free treatment for, proof that this will become terminal.

I also need to know what car you drive, what assets you have that could be sold to pay for a treatment. I also need details of spending excessively, I.e smoking, drinking alcohol and having the central heating on when the house is empty. I also need your height, weight, age and waist circumference so that your BMI can be calculated in an effort to ascertain that you are not eating excessively, as this money could be used to fund treatments.

On receipt of the above I will make my decision and let you know if you qualify for a free treatment from myself.

How's that sound???

Ha ha ha love it! !!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I once had someone phone me up asking if I'd do a treatment on her friend as her house had just blown up or something... I was quite stumped at what to say without laughing at the cheek of it! x

Totally get why someone would want to get a treat for someone they love, who's struggling with ill health... I'd be inclined to buy them a voucher and take them, maybe take them out for lunch. I can't beleive anyone would write a begging email for a hairdo.

I WOULD reply, and tell her to wind her neck in and not to be so.... Awful!

Since posting I have been contacted by another mua in my area who was cc'd in, as the email was really strange.

In total there were four muas emailed the begging letter 2 from Hampshire and 2 from 2 different counties in the south west

Normally if you are sending this kind of email surly you would be contact more than 4 people and also the people you would be contacting would all be in the same area?

So why contact only 4 people (all women) in 3 different counties???????

There was lot of emphasis on the 4 of us going to them, where ever the hell that was :-/

There was no location stated, no telephone number or dates given.

I feel this could be something more sinister than just wanting a free makeup and hair do......

I advised the other mua not reply as you don't know who this person is or if they are a woman/man or even criminal gang sending these emails and you don't know what their true intentions are.

Last edited:
Since posting I have been contacted by another mua in my area who was cc'd in, as the email was really strange.

In total there were four muas emailed the begging letter 2 from Hampshire and 2 from 2 different counties in the south west

Normally if you are sending this kind of email surly you would be contact more than 4 people and also the people you would be contacting would all be in the same area?

So why contact only 4 people (all women) in 3 different counties???????

There was lot of emphasis on the 4 of us going to them, where ever the hell that was :-/

There was no location stated, no telephone number or dates given.

I feel this could be something more sinister than just wanting a free makeup and hair do......

I advised the other mua not reply as you don't know who this person is or if they are a woman/man or even criminal gang sending these emails and you don't know what their true intentions are.

Oh no, well spotted. Yes you'd expect everyone to be local, & maybe a little more info from the person.

Id report it & see if anything can be done.

Xx

Lolol,
Go for it!
dear .....

How's that sound???

This made me really laugh!!!

Latest posts

Back