Bendy, weak nails?

Discussion in 'Nail' started by Simone Daly, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:05 AM.

1. Simone Daly

I have 2 ladies who have very weak bendy nails. No strength even at the cuticle. Therefore gel polish and hard gel extensions don't last very long. Is there a product I can use underneath the gel systems to strengthen the nail and improve the condition of the nail.

2. Bexnorm

Ibx would be a good one to look into. Penetrates through the nail plate to strengthen so it will continue to work as nail grows through even after each removal of gel polish and when re applying under each gel polish nails will only get stronger.

fluffycloudland likes this.
  3. fluffycloudland

I love IBX, even on normal nails it stops breakage. Louella Belle stock it.

4. Simone Daly

Thanks a mill, sounds exactly what I need. Can you tell me if it's used instead of base coat or as an extra layer underneath base coat? Is it cured under uv?

5. Simone Daly

Oh and can I use it under gel extensions?

6. Bexnorm

It's an extra treatment as takes a while for the first use on a client so can also add around £10 onto the treatment price and would be underneath the base coat. It's heat dried with either heat bulb or warm air and also uv cured. Can get it from Louella or also Sally's. I can't see why can't use under ext. I only do natural nails but pretty sure can use under anything or even on it's own.

7. Hopeelanor

Hi can it be used under acrylic

8. Simone Daly

Thanks everyone. I'll be getting this asap. Thanks Bexnorm for extra info!

9. LynnieS

Does anyone find the gel doesn't stay on as long when used under gel polish?