Bendy, weak nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simone Daly

Reaction score
I have 2 ladies who have very weak bendy nails. No strength even at the cuticle. Therefore gel polish and hard gel extensions don't last very long. Is there a product I can use underneath the gel systems to strengthen the nail and improve the condition of the nail.

Ibx would be a good one to look into. Penetrates through the nail plate to strengthen so it will continue to work as nail grows through even after each removal of gel polish and when re applying under each gel polish nails will only get stronger.

I love IBX, even on normal nails it stops breakage. Louella Belle stock it.

Thanks a mill, sounds exactly what I need. Can you tell me if it's used instead of base coat or as an extra layer underneath base coat? Is it cured under uv?

Oh and can I use it under gel extensions?

It's an extra treatment as takes a while for the first use on a client so can also add around £10 onto the treatment price and would be underneath the base coat. It's heat dried with either heat bulb or warm air and also uv cured. Can get it from Louella or also Sally's. I can't see why can't use under ext. I only do natural nails but pretty sure can use under anything or even on it's own.

It's an extra treatment as takes a while for the first use on a client so can also add around £10 onto the treatment price and would be underneath the base coat. It's heat dried with either heat bulb or warm air and also uv cured. Can get it from Louella or also Sally's. I can't see why can't use under ext. I only do natural nails but pretty sure can use under anything or even on it's own.
Hi can it be used under acrylic

Thanks everyone. I'll be getting this asap. Thanks Bexnorm for extra info!

Does anyone find the gel doesn't stay on as long when used under gel polish?

I'm back again. I've ordered the ibx and am excited to try it. Been reading the steps and when they say after the ibx proceed with the normal gel polish steps does that also include buffing the nail to get rid of the shine?

When I use IBX before gel polish I do all the cuticle work and filing before, I also lightly buff the nail plate as usual. once IBX is finished I go straight in with my base after a thorough cleanse, if you buff after IBX then you will be removing some of it so it defeats the object really.

Thanks lala85, that's kinda what I thought but it wasn't that clear in the demos!

Biosculpture Gel is great for soft, weak, flexible nails.x

Thanks Missy87, I've ordered the IBX now but I'll defo look more into the Biosculpture too.

Can it be used with an LED lamp? The IBX ?

Last edited:
Debbie it can be used with LED I use my Gelish 18g lamp on 30 sec cure

Latest posts

Back