Beox Keratin Treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Has anyone had the Beox treatment? If you have, could you share with us how it went please?

How long did it last?

Were the results as you expected?

Would you have it done again?

What was the biggest benefit for you?

Was it worth the high cost?

Any other info welcome. Thanks. xxx

Had it today hair feels very sticky so will let you know in a week!

Had mine done on Monday and it looked and felt amazing. Sad to say that 4 days later it feels pretty much the same as before.

Is your hair curly they told me it only works on curly hair.

Had mine done on Monday and it looked and felt amazing. Sad to say that 4 days later it feels pretty much the same as before.

How very dissapointing :sad: I was hoping it would turn out really good for you Kim .... perhaps some of the hairdressers that do this specialized treatment will see this post and let you know why it didn't work out as it should have done ? .... I do hope you get some more answers :) minky

Hi guys. My hair has a slight wave at the front but is very course and wavy at the back. Around the neckline, it goes into curls.

I think the ad is very misleading as it shows you the girls hair after it's been blow dried straight with the treatment still on the hair. Mine looked wonderful then, but once I washed and dried it myself, it's totally different.

As it looks today, I would say that I would have it done again but I don't think it's worth what they charge. It really is just a deep conditioner and they sell it as though it's a straightener. I didn't go into it thinking my hair would be straight and I'm very realistic about things. However, I thought it would take out that slight frizz I have and didn't expect it to start coming back after just 2 washes later. Had it done on Monday and today is Saturday (5 days).

I had it done at a fantastic salon and I got a discount but it should have been £150 ( I paid £100). As a future client and for the results I've had I wouldn't give up on it, but I wouldn't pay more than £50.

Still love to hear some reviews on this or a similar product. xx

Unfortunately kim it wouldnt be worth anyones time to do it so cheap as product + time + aftercare package would add upto more than £50!!!
IS your hair coloured or virgin ???This makes a difference!
Ask them to redo it for you i will always redo is people are unhappy.
Also did they give you shampoo and conditioner to take home?:D

Hi Kim

This is really interesting because I saw on another thread earlier this week, and I was thinking about having it done myself - I have very wavy, brunette hair that has highlights. I was about to book it when I saw your post - what luck!

Do you think it would be worth having done again, like others on here who have tried brazilian straightening? It has seemed that the first treatment doesn't always work, the second does.

Sarah

Unfortunately kim it wouldnt be worth anyones time to do it so cheap as product + time + aftercare package would add upto more than £50!!!
IS your hair coloured or virgin ???This makes a difference!
Ask them to redo it for you i will always redo is people are unhappy.
Also did they give you shampoo and conditioner to take home?:D

I understand. The salon I had it done at are lovely and fantastic at what they do so there won't be a problem. I actually think it's the product description itself that is a little misleading.

Having given it another quick straighten this morning, it feels really silky again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help xxx

Hi Kim

This is really interesting because I saw on another thread earlier this week, and I was thinking about having it done myself - I have very wavy, brunette hair that has highlights. I was about to book it when I saw your post - what luck!

Do you think it would be worth having done again, like others on here who have tried brazilian straightening? It has seemed that the first treatment doesn't always work, the second does.

Sarah

I feel a bit guilty now as it seems that if you blow dry it well, rather than not well :), it does feel very silky and shiny. xx

Do you think it's a case of us hoping we'll be able to "wash and go", when actually we need to still put a bit of effort it? Gah! Oh for the woman who will invent a treatment that means us fuzzy heads can wash and go - and I'm sure it will be a woman....

Do you think it's a case of us hoping we'll be able to "wash and go", when actually we need to still put a bit of effort it? Gah! Oh for the woman who will invent a treatment that means us fuzzy heads can wash and go - and I'm sure it will be a woman....

LOL......yes, I think that was what I'd hoped for. Effort needed but not as much as prior to the treatment. As I said, I just think it's slightly mis-sold by the manufacturers (not the salons) and it's overpriced. It took just over an hour from start to finish. xx

Hmm now you have me wondering you see i have never been able to do a keratin treatment in an hour!!! Obviously your effect is only going to be as good as the product and the stylist.
I could finish in an hour but i ensure i have straightened the hair enough and in small sections so the result is effective.
My supplier markets this as a smoother which will reduce your styling time significantly.Some lucky few will have wash and go hair but it is not a straightener. Some formulaes are be stronger but also have formaldhyde and this is a straightener but formaldhyde is banned is this country for use in hair products!
If you want permanent poker straight wash and go hair maybe yuko is more up your street.

Hi Kim

Sarah

It works much better in my experience on permed ,coloured or bleached hair! It is virgin hair that genrally needs 2 application in some cases.

Oh but i now leave my clarifying shampoo on virgin hair for 10 mins before application and this definately helps!!!

Just to update you I washed my hair and it is easier to blowdry now so Im quite happy. I suppose my expectations were low I paid £120 but really what you get for that these days? Hardly get a cut and semi in some uptown salons, Im in Edinburgh.

Just to update you I washed my hair and it is easier to blowdry now so Im quite happy. I suppose my expectations were low I paid £120 but really what you get for that these days? Hardly get a cut and semi in some uptown salons, Im in Edinburgh.
Mine was fab the first time that I washed it on day 2. Washed it again on day 4 and I could feel it wasn't as good. When I woke up this morning (day 6), I could feel the 'birds nest' coming back on the crown :(

I know what you're saying about the cost of a cut and semi, but that wasn't what I paid for. I feel like I've paid for a Filet Mignon in a top restaurant but been served with a McDonalds LOL.

Hey Ho! Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh! Maybe I should have it done once a month. xx

Try again... the salon is happy to redo it and this time dont wash for 4 days.This should make a difference. Good luck x:D

my nanovive keratin treatment was unsuccessful too. but the hairdresser has told me that if it doesnt work on the second attempt they will refund me. they were very good about it and have been really helpful.

they said my hair should be smooth with blowdrying using a paddle brush. lots of customers are having great results but it seems i am the odd one out.pop back in and let them see how it is and see what they say. i paid 90 and then another 50 for the shampoo and conditioner which i'm happy to do for a good result but after the 1st wash it was back to normal so all i really got was a great wash and blowdry for my money.

my nanovive keratin treatment was unsuccessful too. but the hairdresser has told me that if it doesnt work on the second attempt they will refund me. they were very good about it and have been really helpful.

they said my hair should be smooth with blowdrying using a paddle brush. lots of customers are having great results but it seems i am the odd one out.pop back in and let them see how it is and see what they say. i paid 90 and then another 50 for the shampoo and conditioner which i'm happy to do for a good result but after the 1st wash it was back to normal so all i really got was a great wash and blowdry for my money.

I spoke to the salon that did mine and they were so defensive ....'Everybody else loves it', that I've decided not to go back even though they said I can. Nothing worse than sitting in a salon when you know they resent you being there.

My opinion is that the product itself is massively overpriced and oversold. I would have it done again but not at that price. For me it was worth no more that £50 it's been a week and with each wash it's going more back to the way it was. Shame as I so wanted it to work. xx

I spoke to the salon that did mine and they were so defensive ....'Everybody else loves it', that I've decided not to go back even though they said I can. Nothing worse than sitting in a salon when you know they resent you being there.

My opinion is that the product itself is massively overpriced and oversold. I would have it done again but not at that price. For me it was worth no more that £50 it's been a week and with each wash it's going more back to the way it was. Shame as I so wanted it to work. xx

You should let them should redo it for you Kim .... because it won't do them any favours by making a customer feel bad ....
also they would be idiots to act resentfully towards you :sad:

I think it would be silly of them to take the risk of a client clearly talking about how disappointed they were with a treatment in front of other potential customers IYKWIM :) I am sure they would keep it pretty low key once your in there .....

So do go back and brave it out .... tell them "yes I agree everybody elses looks so lovely I wonder what happened to mine !!!! ..... I am really hoping it will be the same as everyone else's this time " .... go kill them with kindness Kim but be quite firm too...
and take someone with you for moral support after all its your hard earned cash :( ..... :) x minky

Latest posts

Back