Best at home manicure supplies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxerin1990xx

Reaction score
I've been going to a nail salon and I have watched them very closely and looked at some of the gel polishes they use.. But I want a complete list of what is needed to do a good at home Mani. I've done my own before, I only quit because I take like 3hrs to do it... and the salon takes 1hr lol.

Thank you!

Are you trained in gel polish and a qualified nail tech?

If you look into training they will advise you on all of this on a manicure/gel polish course.

Then Once you have done your training you'll find speed comes with time & practice.

There are lots of companies/brands to choose from:
Nail harmony, sweet squared/CND, young nails, Nsi etc to name a few.
x

As advised on the hair forum, you won't receive that info I'm afraid.

I've been going to a nail salon and I have watched them very closely and looked at some of the gel polishes they use.. But I want a complete list of what is needed to do a good at home Mani. I've done my own before, I only quit because I take like 3hrs to do it... and the salon takes 1hr lol.

Thank you!

It's not as easy at it looks.We are trained professionals!

if your looking for a DIY kit I believe there are some aimed at non professional consumers such as cuccio but you wont get a professional finish that lasts more than a week without using professional products which we all pay alot of money for training to gain access to...

Thank you!

Not sure if you just want this info to do your own nails or you want to offer a nail service to paying clients. If you are planning on doing any nail treatment on clients you need to be insured, to be insured you need to be qualified in what ever service you plan on offering. It would not be very professional if you do not know what it is your are doing. Nail technicians not only learn how to apply nail polish, it is far more in depth than that, hence why we pay a lot of money in order to get qualified.

If you plan on doing nails at home just for yourself, then I would suggest looking on YouTube or similar for ideas. There are loads of different products out there aimed at home users. I believe professional products should be left for the professionals.

Not sure if you just want this info to do your own nails or you want to offer a nail service to paying clients. If you are planning on doing any nail treatment on clients you need to be insured, to be insured you need to be qualified in what ever service you plan on offering. It would not be very professional if you do not know what it is your are doing. Nail technicians not only learn how to apply nail polish, it is far more in depth than that, hence why we pay a lot of money in order to get qualified.

If you plan on doing nails at home just for yourself, then I would suggest looking on YouTube or similar for ideas. There are loads of different products out there aimed at home users. I believe professional products should be left for the professionals.
This is an old post...

This is an old post...

Yes I am aware of that, but xxerin1990xx could still be thinking about it and if not replies can always help others.

Latest posts

Back