Best camera?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldenstar

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I would like to buy a camera for taking before and after pics of spmu work. Should I buy a DSLR or would a bridge camera do the job? I have about £300 to spend. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as getting completely confused!
Many thanks.
Fiona x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

A DSLR is great if you are able to get the best out of it and take advantage of the manual functions. With before and afters you need something that doesn't take too long to set up and will work well in low light as it's good if you can avoid flash when you're close to the subject. There are a lot of good cameras out there in your price range but my sister has just bought a canon sx50 for £250 and, I must admit, the quality is not far off my DSLR, she loves it.

A DSLR is great if you are able to get the best out of it and take advantage of the manual functions. With before and afters you need something that doesn't take too long to set up and will work well in low light as it's good if you can avoid flash when you're close to the subject. There are a lot of good cameras out there in your price range but my sister has just bought a canon sx50 for £250 and, I must admit, the quality is not far off my DSLR, she loves it.

Thank you. I will have a look at the canon. Also looking at the nikon d3300. Didn't think buying a camera would be so confusing! X

You could get a SLR for that money but then you would probably spend quite a lot on separate lenses on top.

With the DSLR I'd go with Canon. Or maybe worth a look is what I have - Lumix FZ45. To be honest I don't know the 100% ins and outs of cameras I just got offered my one for a steal so took it.

I have the Canon Power Shot SX500 IS and I love it. It takes FAB pics, is affordable and my instructor said it rivals an SLR.

When it comes to lenses, this camera will save you money because it has such a fabulous zoom feature.

Best of luck! :)

Thanx all. Will have a look at the ones mentioned. Much appreciated. X

Back